Most successful Pakistan captain???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most successful Pakistan captain???

I was just checking a cricket magazine today - which had a an article on Steve Waugh. It should some stats which showed that he was the most successful international cricket captain every. I think he has captained about 20 times - won 14, lost 2 and drawn 3 - I know it doesnn't add up but these are the figures I can remember. It had him with a success rate of around 75%.

Anyway looking down the list I was surprised to see that the there was only one Pakistani captain in this list - before I say who it is I thought I would ask you guys - who do you think is the most successful Pakistan captain?????

Stats can be confusing, but I would imagine that the most successful Pak captain should be Musthaq Muhammad. I don't know the stats, but this is my gut feeling.

Comment

I know it's stating the obvious but surely it has to be Imran!

I read somewhere that back in the 50s/60s Abdul Hafeez Kardaar was quite a dude- maybe it's him?

Comment

i think its miandad (from stats).

but imran for his many contributions to cricket in Pakistan.

Comment

Is it Salim Malik?
          We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Imran Khan.

------------------
            CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Depends... some of them didn't play long enough to keep a solid percentage.

In 47 Games, Imran Khan won 14 and lost 8.
              As for Miandad, he played 34 games, 14 wins and 6 loses.
              Wasim Akram 25 games, 12 wins and 8 loses.
              Salim Malik has only played 12 games, 7 wins and 3 loses.
              Mushtaq Mohammed 19 Games and 8 Wins, 4 Loses.

Your to judge.

Comment

Mushtaq was the best, he made heros out of zeros. The team he got was the one who never won any thing and he took that team to play against the best teams ever assembled in the history of cricket. I am talking about Australia in 1976 with Lilee and Thomson still active with Chappel brothers still playing, he defeated them in front of their own crowd. And West Indies with young Croft and Garner with Holding and Andy Roberts still at their peak. They had Greenidge, Richards, Clive Loyld, Fredricks and Kalichuran in their batting line up, he gave them tuff fight and almost won the series in W. indies. (lost 1-2) He also helped his County to won their first county championship.

Have a Take
                Don't Suck....

Comment

Imran KHan !

------------------
                  *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
                  One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.
                  *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
                  Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

waisay too waqar younis ka test record 100% hey He captained Pakistan in one test match and we won that.

Comment

Fantastic1,

Yep, although Waqar has a 100% record his stats do not count as he was not captain for a sufficient amount of games.

But you were right with your earlier guess - it was actually Salim Malik - Mr. Fixer himself - he had a 58% success rate.

I would have ranked Imran as not the most successful but the best - although others say Musthaq Mohammed was the best - he did not have many wins under his belt.

Comment

For me too Imran was the best because of the spirit he introduced in Pakistan cricket and positive approach.

Comment

Javed Miandad was the best.
                          Imran Khan was also very good but other than the discipline factor Javed Miandad out shined him in every other aspact of captaincy.

Comment

Working...
                          X