Pakistan and Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan and Football

Donít you think Pakistan should have a football team that could participate in the World Cup like Saudi Arabia? Or we should just stick to Cricket.

they do have a football team!
    but itz not as experienced as other teamz and they also lack support in pakistan..

just recently they participated in a tournament in middle east and won few matchez against few counties [i dunno the namez of these countries]..

Comment

Actually.. Pakistan has the capability to do amazingly well. It's the lack of confidence our players, country and others have.

Although the Pakistan coach and assistants are compounded of English. Former England player David Burns is the coach.
      So at least we are finding dicipline.

Just now, Mohammed Younus the star goalkeeper, was released from the team permanently for not showing up to practices. (That's VERY good because it will only bring people who really want to win play).

They have a 32 man squad right now, and by the end of January it'll go down to 22.
      Qualifiers start in April against Sri Lanka, Thailand and Lebanon.

Only way Pakistan can win is with confidence, determination, and dicipline. Also good coaching which is what has been happening for the past 2 years.

Pakistan needs to have their winning Under 19 team members on the squad more. I saw that Mohammed Arif (striker) play and he is good. If given a chance he can make it far.

^DerVaisH^ yeah, they won a little, in the Under 19 Tornament in Tehran.

Followingare the players invited for final phase of training:

GOAL-KEEPERS: Nouman Ibrahim (ABL), Noor Faraz (ABL), Asad (ABL), Jaffar Khan (Army) and Naheed (Army under-16).

DEFENDERS: Ghulam Ali (Army), Ibrar (PAF), Sarfraz (KRL), Amir (ABL), Asadullah (ABL), Amir Riaz (Army), Asfaque (ABL).

MID-FIELDERS: Haroon Yousuf (ABL), Babar Mehmood (Army), Adil (Nowshera), Mohammad Riaz (Army), Gohar Zaman (ABL), Nasir Iqbal (PTCL), Mohammad Ayub (PWD), Mohammad Essa (Chamman).

FORWARDS: Arshed (PAF), Shaukat Ali (Army), HajiAhmed (Quetta), Jaffar (Army), Shahid (Quetta), Eshanullah (Army), Zaheer Abbas (Army), Mohammad Arif (Army), Jaffar Alam (Army), Atiqur Rehman.

Following players have been released from the camp: Mohammad Yousuf (goal-keeper), Hayatullah (defender), Shahid, Mustim, Hatje (mid-fielder), Zahir, Imran Farooq, Allah Nawaz, Sajjad, Naseebullah (forwards).

[This message has been edited by Peoples Champ (edited December 16, 2000).]

Comment

thanx pplz champ..

good work...

Comment

It is good to hear about the Pakistani football team. But I do not think that Pakistan has the ability to qualify for the World Cup like Saudi. Saudi Arabia and other Mid East countries do not have any other major sport other than footie. In Pakistan, kidz do not want to play any other soprt than cricket and that is what they are encouraged to play as well. There is no talent coming through from the streets and there is no (good) coaching at school level. That is probably why almost 70% of the Pak team is from the armed forces, where sports other than cricket are encouraged.

Comment

Yeah, i totally agree, we need to put in more effort and training.

Comment

Originally posted by Rude Boy:
              Donít you think Pakistan should have a football team that could participate in the World Cup like Saudi Arabia? Or we should just stick to Cricket.

Yeh I think should participate in football as well.. hahaha n well Cricket isnt the only sport Pak's good at.. remember FIELD HOCKEY !!!!! Pak almost made it to the finals in Olympics this yr !!!!

------------------
              *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
              One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.
              *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
              Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

I once watched our beloved paki team play soccer. Poor Bashir mohammad couldn't score cause Mumtaz kept getting in his way. I still remember their names. What a funny game it was.

------------------
                Don't race with me!!! EVER I bite when I lose

Comment

Working...
                X