Clear All

• ZZ
    replied
    Originally posted by ^DerVaisH^:
    HUH!!
    jeeta gaya!..

mujhko invitation dair se milla tha..
    verna mein daikhta kaisey jeet-ta!..

aik hi chaal mein mere paoun choom raha hota!

reminds me a story about Campablanca. After losing in world championship, he used to work in a caffe in paris and play chess once in a while.

once a customer came up and offered him a game. campablanca offered to play blindfold. customer got offended and said 'do u know me? i can beat you.', Campablanca said 'well, sir, if u could beat me, i would know u.'

Leave a comment:

• ^DerVaisH^
    replied
    HUH!!
    jeeta gaya!..

mujhko invitation dair se milla tha..
    verna mein daikhta kaisey jeet-ta!..

aik hi chaal mein mere paoun choom raha hota!

------------------
    Uske ik ik hurf ki teh mein mein ne akser chahat ka deriya daikh..
    uski ankhon mein mein ne akser pyass ka sehra daikha..
    derd ki ruut mein kon kisi ke zakhmon pe merhum rakhta hai..
    chandni raat mein mein ne akser chand ko tanha daikha..

Leave a comment:

• ZZ
    replied
    Shirov made sacrifices without calculating all possible replies. Many grandmasters voiced opinion that it did not make sense. The only time Anand had hiccups was when Khalifan missed a simple winning chance against him. Apart from that Anand had no real challenge.

Leave a comment:

• chilli
    started a topic Anand is FIDE world champion

Anand is FIDE world champion

Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand Sunday became world champion defeating Spain's Alexei Shirov in the fourth of the six-game World Chess Championship final in Teharan. Anand had now taken an unbeatable 3.5-0.5 lead.

Opening with a king pawn, Anand played an offensive game right from the start as he needed just one point to seal the world crown.

The Latvia-born Spaniard replied with French defence sacrificing two pieces to bring himself back in the game, but Anand defended well.

After a wild middle-game, Shirov tried his best for a draw but Anand kept probing before the Spanish Grandmaster resigned on the 41st move.

Anand became the first Asian to claim the chess' world title which hitherto was a monopoly of the Russians.

Working...
X