Why Women should stop playing Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Women should stop playing Cricket

WAIT, drop that shoe.. I'm no sexist here. Just looking out for the game I love.

International Cricket Council, should discount the Women version of the game.

Ok... you know it and I know it, Women aren't good at the game. No one cares about them, so where are we heading with Women's cricket????????????

Look at New Zealand, no one cares one bit about Australia vs. New Zealand, nor are there any supporters in the stadium. If there is no one to cheer you on, then who the hell are you playing for?

ICC could have saved the money they are spending on that worthless Women's World Cup, and donated it towards the devoloping cricket nations, to bring in better facilities, better players, for which will develope better male players.
    Then... the revenue of the money spent will be brought back when that new country goes and plays in tornaments, etc.

They could have saved the money up for media endorsments, stadium buildups, for the 2003 World Cup.

Then the next day you always see ICC crying, oh we have no money left to help out anyone.

Get rid of the Women's game, and make the Men's one to the top.

i believe, if indian or pakistani women's team lifts the world cup, at least indian or pakistani fans will support. u can see support for women's soccer in US, right!

Comment

being of the female gender....i should oppose this thread..but i cant.

the line about teh money being spent on this sport is true.

we're gonna run into the same problems of muhajir/punjabi/sindhi/balochi/etc again liek we face now in teh men's team....

better to give all teh concentration to the men's team and make it stand out...then to divert the attention and have both teams remain weak.

------------------

It's not how fast you were GOING, It's how fast you STOPPED!

Comment

women are not begging a favor. if icc stops supporting them, they will still play.

and dont tell me that icc has no money. if they have the ICC knockout tournament in south asia in stead of other places, they will have lot of money, both in tickets as well as TV rights.

evrything takes time. so will women's cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:
          women are not begging a favor. if icc stops supporting them, they will still play.

and dont tell me that icc has no money. if they have the ICC knockout tournament in south asia in stead of other places, they will have lot of money, both in tickets as well as TV rights.

evrything takes time. so will women's cricket.
          EXACTLY !!!!!!!

------------------
          *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
          One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.
          *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
          Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:
            i believe, if indian or pakistani women's team lifts the world cup, at least indian or pakistani fans will support. u can see support for women's soccer in US, right!
            You believe? First of all man, Soccer is different than Cricket. They use a ball and nets, Cricket uses a bat, a hard ball and stumps.

How come ONLY India and Pakistan? That's sad...
            What about the other countries?
            How long can we wait for the other countries to pop out with support?

Heck, England was loseing their fans but once they started winning they all came back. Now to keep them, they could make the stadiums more media, with flood lights, etc.

ICC is poor buddy. They couldn't keep a solid governing body like FIFA or the IOC. Why? Because they aren't getting that many fan support.

Want to know the solution, make more stadiums with flood lights, electronic
            scoreboards, big tv's, etc.

It took the ICC forever to find sponsers for the Women's World Cup. Cricinfo then, stepped up and said they'd sponser it. Is that low or what?

Are you taking 100% interest in this World Cup? Remember when India was in the World Cup 99. Wow.. what support... AMAZING.
            I don't see anyone besides a bunch of sorry people at the stands. Just a 100 people showed up...

Soccer has the money to afford big stadiums, technology to endorse both versions of the game. Also, Women get bored very easily.. (sorry girls). Many of them have cooking, cleaning, etc.. they can't watch 8 hours.
            Don't get mad at me, it just seems that way.

Cricket is too poor, they should stick to one and focus on it more. You can easily see the loss that is comming with this Women's World Cup compared to the big gain of the Men's World Cup. They can't even pay Zimbabwe properly, giving them only $1 million dollars recently.

Also can someone please tell me, why is it that all the women are in their 30's and almost 40's? (That's not good improvment for your splended Women's cricket future).

But just so the women can have a future of cricket, thinking what men can do, we can do better.. They can play their cricket.

Please don't take the critizing too serious, it's just a game, and it should be used in the right form.

[This message has been edited by Peoples Champ (edited December 18, 2000).]

Comment

I say let them play, heck maybe this might turn out to be a girls sport???

------------------
              CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
              You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Working...
              X