Clear All

Who here beside Mr Xtreme...

agrees with me that Yousuf Youhana
    should captain Pakistan after he is
    properly groomed?

Does it matter to the rest of you
    that he is Christian?

youhana sure is a good batsman!

but i don't think replacing moin is the solution rite now..waisey bhi yehi hota aya hai abhi tuk..team harri..captain ko change kerdia..is captain the the only player in the team??..wht abt rest of the players?..pakistan lost as a team..not just the captain..

moin shud and will be the captain of the team 4 a while..

losin and winnin is a part of game..
    hota hai
    chalta hai
    duniya hai

[This message has been edited by ^DerVaisH^ (edited December 13, 2000).]

Comment

Yousaf youhanna bohot purana hai.. Danish Kaneria ko na bana dain? !!

Foolios.. abhee aik series yousaf youhanna nay kharaab kheli, to tum logo nay kehna hai is ko nikaal do!

Yousaf youhanna ka bohot nuqsaan hai.. West Indies kay saath match ho ga to log samjhain gay west indies ka hai..

Comment

Originally posted by Suhail:
        agrees with me that Yousuf Youhana
        should captain Pakistan after he is
        properly groomed?

Does it matter to the rest of you
        that he is Christian?
        Yeh !!! He can be the next capt.. but jst coz we lost this test series doesnt mean that we really do have to change the capt.. but as for in future.. m sure Youhana'd probably be a good one !!!

or how bout Inzi ?? or Razzaq ?!??!

------------------
        *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
        One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.
        Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

I never said Moin should be
          stripped of the captaincy,
          but I believe we should start
          grooming the leaders of the
          next generation.

Youhana and other youngsters
          should be given more opportunities
          to captain first-class sides against
          touring sides and Pakistan XIs when
          we tour.

Youngsters like Youhana should also
          be given the captaincy of domestic
          sides in the QEA Trophy to gain
          further experience.

[This message has been edited by Suhail (edited December 13, 2000).]

Comment

hmmmm
            aisa keroo
            sari team to captain bana do..thik..
            phir to inshallah pakistan ko harana assan nahin rahay ga na!!..

tum loag pata nahin kia chahtay ho!

harna jeetna hota rehta hai!
            yehi moin tha na..jiski bari WAH WAH hoti thi kabhi..ab yeh haal hai..

u ppl shud learn to appreciate their effortz!

they lost a match..so wht..big deal..
            pakiatan won series against england in england many timez..

i'm sticking with moin..he still is the best among the rest!..

upz and downz are a part of life!..
            v shud hope 4 better!..

Comment

Darvaish baba, m not sayin taht should kick moin out n get a new capt. in jst coz we lost this particular test series.. but i do agree with sohail as well that we do need to train the youngesters for the captaincy coz moin'll not be the capt. n yeh haar jeet to hoti hi hay.. moins not a bad capt.. but the players like youhana should also be given a lil chance for captaincy.. maybe they can keep him as the vcapt. or somethin like that... n no doubt Moins a gr8 capt.. but i think pakistani team REALLY needs to work on their fielding n also a lil with the top batting order as most of'em fail to bat in every other match n then the tailenders try to save the game...

------------------
              Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

Not Youhana.
                Youhana too is too quiet, and also a christian.

Also, I'm not in favor of batsmen being captains either, since they usually loose their touch and try to play shots tip and tap. (Something Saeed did).
                Give Youhana a try at club or Prime Minister XI or whatever.

My thumbs up would be for Abdur Razzaq. I like him as attitude wise. He's going to be a really good allrounder, as Wasim. But he too needs managment skills.

Hehe same for Saqlain. Although Saqlain has dealth with the English people, and has seen the world more. Communication for him wouldn't be that hard.

Maybe when Salim Elahi gets to be a better batsman, he should give it a try?

You know what.. I don't care. If the players don't want to win then FINE. What can a Captain debate about that?

Comment

so u want to plant this stupid idea of begin the captain in these youngesters mindz!..hmmmmmm..to phir woh ker chukay apni koshish..har koi field mein khud to captain samjhnay lug paray ga..control khatum ho jaye ga!..

let them be the way they are!..moin is doin a gr8 job and team is supporting him well..

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples Champ:
                    Not Youhana.
                    Youhana too is too quiet, and also a christian.

Also, I'm not in favor of batsmen being captains either, since they usually loose their touch and try to play shots tip and tap. (Something Saeed did).
                    Give Youhana a try at club or Prime Minister XI or whatever.

My thumbs up would be for Abdur Razzaq. I like him as attitude wise. He's going to be a really good allrounder, as Wasim. But he too needs managment skills.

Hehe same for Saqlain. Although Saqlain has dealth with the English people, and has seen the world more. Communication for him wouldn't be that hard.

Maybe when Salim Elahi gets to be a better batsman, he should give it a try?

You know what.. I don't care. If the players don't want to win then FINE. What can a Captain debate about that?

yeh true... wat can a capt. do if the players dont really dont wanna co-operate.. but still i think a capt. like Wasim Akram n Imran Khan can make the players perform well.... thas another good idea taht make him capt. some local team...... i think saqlain can be a good capt. n razzaq is surely a gr8 allrounder, esp. his performance in Aus. last yr in some Benson n Hedges cup !!! n bout Youhana being a christian .. huh that shouldnt really matter !!! He's still part of the team... i THINK they should give him a chance to capt. as well as Razzaq.. maybe in some local matches first.....
                    oh yeh ! one thing i really hate bout our team is that they r always cussing off others on the field .... i've seen wasim do that n afridi n also moin khan.. they really do need to control their temper.. i haven't seen ne other capt. or team swearing like that on the field...

------------------
                    Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

Come back Imran, all is forgiven

Comment

we shouldn't kick moin out right now... he hasn't done badly..
                        yohanna should be given the captaincy after maybe 6 months or so if he keeps performing well... i think he'll make a steve waugh kind of captain...

Comment

I think we should kick Moin but we don't have any choice Youhanna is not ready and the only person is Moin. But think seriously does he deserve the place, when Wasim Akram can be kicked out on the basis of poor performance in two matches than what is the justification of Moin remanning captain after his poor performance as captain as well as a keeper. Why I want Moin to be sacked has little to do with the defeat if you have read my earlier posts you would know. Right now I really want Moin sacked because of what he did in Karachi, his negative tactics ashamed every Pakistani, its easier for me to forget the defeat as compared to the embarrasment he caused. We will be reminded about that again and again by English players and media and this time there is no excuse or justification. We have no choice so very bad times are ahead for Pakistan cricket.
                          We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Originally posted by fantastic1:
                            I think we should kick Moin but we don't have any choice Youhanna is not ready and the only person is Moin. But think seriously does he deserve the place, when Wasim Akram can be kicked out on the basis of poor performance in two matches than what is the justification of Moin remanning captain after his poor performance as captain as well as a keeper. Why I want Moin to be sacked has little to do with the defeat if you have read my earlier posts you would know. Right now I really want Moin sacked because of what he did in Karachi, his negative tactics ashamed every Pakistani, its easier for me to forget the defeat as compared to the embarrasment he caused. We will be reminded about that again and again by English players and media and this time there is no excuse or justification. We have no choice so very bad times are ahead for Pakistan cricket.
                            wat did he do in Khi ?!?!!?

------------------
                            Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

fantastic1,

Moin's timewasting in Karachi is what every captain would do in similar cicumstances. I have seen all test playing nations do it. The more important reason for Moin to be sacked is the fear of losing which his team showed. This created a negative approach which cost us the match.

I agree that there are no obvious replacements though. Youhanna is still not experienced enough, but he might be a future option. I don't agree that he is too quiet. He has a steely determination and strong character.

Comment

Working...
                              X