3rd Test - The Magic of Karachi ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Test - The Magic of Karachi ?

Well - we're back in Karachi for the final test. There have been rumours that some of the senior players ie Wasim,Saeed,Moin and Waqar want to use the greener track but Miandad and Tauqir have put their foot down.

Either way, Karachi is a happy hunting ground for the Pakistan side. The wicket usually turns late in the 2nd day but it's been slow turn rather than a vicious turner than you could find across the border. In the last test here, the quicker bowlers cleaned the Sri Lankans up pretty quickly, but this wicket is different - there isent that much grass on this one and so even if they use the green top - it's going to require some intelligent bowling from Waqar and Wasim.

A note of interest - Shoaib Akher is fit, and has been bowling in Pindi at the RCS. Why isent he in the team...good question!

------------------

Laterz,
    ManiaX.

No Wasim Akram...I cant believe it.

Waqar is in.

Apparently Wasim has a bad back - Two Words - Yeah Right !

------------------

Laterz,
    ManiaX.

[This message has been edited by ManiaX (edited December 07, 2000).]

Comment

I hope he really has a bad back and has not been dropped. In the mean while Pakistan is struggling at 71 for 3. Good Luck. Loosing to England would really hurt.
      We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

shoaib? - presumably because he's busy chasing ugly girls

the match isn going to be draw...

[This message has been edited by Godzilla (edited December 07, 2000).]

Comment

Salamz

hey i think Masha Allah recovered well after the fall of the 3 early wickets, but my personal opinion is that they should have incleded another bowler or an all-rounder in the team instead of Imran Nazir, well who knows that Wasim Akram reallly has a bad back or not, anyway the officials knows it better, well at the moment Pakistan is in Command thanx also to the English fielders for giving us the chance, now just hope the bowlers accordingly also do the job, i think by tomorrow Pakistan shoould post up a total near 400-450 n it will a good test with some result

Comment

i think we should be up for a total closer to 550, particuarly if inzi and youhana survive the morning, theyre both rusty starters after a bg day. is it tru that waqars last appearance for pokistan was in the home series against sri lanka where he won match of the series?

i disagree with your comments about imran nazir, i think the only way young players like nazir, mo akram, mo wasim etc will develop is by giving them match practice, and we are running short of new talent.

im excited about tomorrow, lets hope the boys press their advantage home inshallah.

ws

Comment

Waqar was the man of the series against the Lankans - but lets face it - the Lankans are probably the worse players of fast bowling along with the Indians and the Kiwis.
              Waqar's problem has been his lack of consistency. He's bowled well in a game and then has been taken apart the next day by sloggers or tail enders even. So to be honest,Waqar doesent deserve a place in the side based on his form - the only reason for him to be in the team is because he's a fighting cricketer and has been a tremendous performer in the past.

Youhana and Inzamam played extremely well.Inzamam was extremely lucky to get away with that lbw - he was as plumb as they come.But thats cricket-if the Pakistanis make a big deal about the amount of LBW's that have gone against us in places like Australia and Sri Lanka - then we could write ourselves a nice big fat book.

Youhana is the player for the future. When Saeed calls it quits - Youhana will be the best batsman in the team and maybe even a future Captain - who knows. I'd like to see how Afridi does at number 7 - if he doesent get runs at this position even - then Bari and CO. should resign. They`ve kept promising batsman out to give Afridi the longest run possible and he hasnt delivered whereas poor young Qaiser Abbas was dropped after just 1 innings and the lad must be wondering what he did wrong. Sorry Qaiser - but you're not Bari's blue eyed boy.

------------------

Laterz,
              ManiaX.

Comment

Salamz
                well now the test could possibly have a result, after Pakistan only managing only 405 in their first innings, could have piled up little more, but this score is also big, now its upto the bowlers, lets see what they do, well they wernt not upto the mark on the batasmen maybe coz of the tiering, a rest could help n Insha Allah there will be good news for Pakistan, as Pakistan has to win the test....not as the record says, also because to be better than the English side.....i really wanted the English side to be humiliated because the ECB has only give 2 tests to Pakistan in England, as if Pakistan is a small team like Zimbabwe or Sri Lanka, as u all know that playing in England is an honour, n its reallly shameful that Pakistan was treated like that, well i hope they win here n also show a good perfomance there as well......best of luck to the team!!!!!

Comment

England are 79 - 1 at close of 2nd day's play. Nasser Hussein was missed off Kareira by Saeed Anwar from a sharp chance at 1st slip or it could have been better.
                  England are taking very few chances and are playing very negative cricket.

Enough spin in the wicket if we can break through early and really put some pressure on their batsmen. It's disappointing that in both earlier tests we haven't made early breakthroughs in the first innings which is the key to chances of victory. Kaneria and Saqy are the key, and Afridi could prove useful if Moin gives him a decent spell.

Comment

Usually a team who scores tooo much in their first innings is a bad sign for a draw :-(
                    It's obvious, England would be damn happy if they pick up a Series Draw with Pakistan. Before the tour, their intention was even fine with a Draw.

This whole series has just been runs piling on runs and wickets comming at horrible averages! Tell you the truth, the spinners aren't as amazing as people say. They have been taking too long to claim a wicket (extending time further).

Personally, I found this game to be boring. Flipped the channel and watched the India match. Now that was amazing.. Four 6's in one over by Zaheer Khan.
                    And that last over win was quite a suprise.

Maybe this Pakistan match will bring in more enthusiasm as play gets more challanging.

Comment

i cant believe that we only hit 405. its a damned shame. i think were headed for another boring draw. shoot the pcb. that counrty must the most pathetic in the world - they cant even produce a pitch to their own specification. pitiful.

Comment

England have more or less batted their way to another draw. The Pakistani attack looked totally flat and lacking penetration for the third succesive time. Atherton played like he usually does - solid as ever and he deserved his hundred. Unless something miraculous happens in the morning, thats it for the series. And England would have achieved their goal of drawing the series.

------------------

Laterz,
                        ManiaX.

Comment

England has been looking for a draw this whole series.
                          There is nothing else to it.
                          By the grace of Allah we will win.
                          But that will the only way we can win, the way the Brits are playing in their usual negative and defensive way.

------------------
                          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
                          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

did you see england's negative game and our positive one after all. All the expectations and all boring stuff, England won it with a style. Very humiliating. What a shame for Moin khan who dropped three catches or more maybe, plus our batsmen, plus our bowlers. Can't they get anything better than that. PCB should be shooted due to their bad pitches. VERY sad with result, they even could not control England.....in their own ground....

Comment

Working...
                            X