Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England finally approach a series in Pakistan with the right attitude

http://www.sportlive.net/esport/colu...JHN&aid=366786

Good article in The Express. I think England under Nasser Hussain are finally coming to terms with themselves. The 'Ian Botham approach' has been kicked into touch (Lord Maclaurin's statement excluded) and England are going into this series with a positive approach and rightly stating they are underdogs.

Pakistan will win if they can manage to keep their focus and if they pick the right batsmenfor the test matches. Mohammed Wasim should definitely play in the 5 day games. I think Mushtaq Ahmed will probably be Pakistan's trump card, and Izimam, for all his carelessness, will probably be our best batsman. Pakistan always seem to be motivated against England, possibly because they are trying to win lucrative contracts in County Cricket. If Shoaib Akhtar was playing I don't think England would have had much chance, but with his absence, we are missing real pace, so with the right attitude, England might be able to scrape a drawn series. But I think they'll probably lose like normal.

There is news that Inzamam will lead the side in first one day international. Any comments.
    We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

You mean moin is out as captain??
      Now that is plain stupid.
      Moin is an excellent captain.
      I would say to get the troops back in order (you don't know how much it hurts to say this) Wasim Akram needs to be captain.

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

CM why it hurts? I don't see an reason except that you believe he is a fixer but the fixer always provided better results than non-fixers. Either like him or dislike him people hanging in between made me mad.
        We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

First of all, it was premature to suggest that Inzi would lead the team. As it turned out it didn't happen. Secondly, if it ever happens (in near future) that will be solely bcz Moin is unfit, not bcz they are kicking him out of team....so CM take it easy.

In any case, WA had to say good bye to captaincy forever after the Qayum report. So forget it. Plus WA's tenure is always famous for see-saw performances (Great one day - Dud the next day). Match-fixing is also suspected/proved. Plus WA is lax as far as player discipline is concerned. He is also a man of severe likes and dislikes, and models himself similar to the Great Khan. Obviously it is next impossible to emulate the Great Immi.

I still can't come to grip with the fact that Inzi is vice captain. I can't imagine him being captain. I don't think he ever captained a club side, let alone a first class side. He is usually found napping in the third man region (when he is not in the slip), and more often than not, he stays in the dressing room, giving the 12th man a workout in his place!

BTW, poor Inzi, he got a really wicked hit in the second one-dayer. Fortunately he never had to come out to bat, otherwise it was doubtful. Lets hope he recovers fully and soon (b4 the 3rd 1-day)

------------------
          Don't Blame me...
          C'est La Vie

[This message has been edited by Pristine (edited October 28, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
          X