Alec Stewart and dissent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alec Stewart and dissent

Well, I've already gone on record as saying that I didn't think that the Pakistani umpire gave a good impression by his delayed dismissal of Alec Stewart, but as dissent is dissent, I don't think the match referee, an Australian was very professional in his comments afterwards.

Stewart clearly contested the decision, threw down his bat, and verbally complained about the Umpire's verdict.

The match referee's comments, that he 'would have a quiet word with Alec' but he didn't think it was too serious, sounded like an old pal's act. It reminded me of the whitewash over the Dirt in the pocket' incident where the West Indian umpire seemed more keen than the England Manager to play down the incident.

Is dissent ok if you are Australian or English?

I wonder if Pakistani management would make an official complaint to the powers that be, if no action is taken against Stewart ?

Or, whether they would ask the question that Xtreme asks - "Is dissent ok if you are Australian or English?"

Comment

Yes extreme a lot is fine when you are White but nothing is ok if you are a Pakistani. Did you notice how channal 4 commentators criticised every Pakistani thing/action during the 1st match. No matter what you do for them they can never be satisfied. I am glad we lost the match bec had we won everyone would have made such a big issue of the wrong decision. If their umpires do it its error of judgement if our's do it its cheating. What happened with our team in Australia, West Indies No body mentioned the pathetic umpiring had What Aussie umpire did in 2nd test being done by our umpire he would have been banned by now. When in 1992 2ws reverse swing the ball it was cheating now when Gough and Caddick do it its an art. Mark Waugh and Shane Warne can play cricket even after confessing a crime but Wasim Akram should be banned even though his crime is not yet proved But you don't need proof for a Pakistani do you. I think we our selves are responsible for this as we are the 1st ones to criticise our players when Western media points out something. Remember how our press called its own players cheats when ball tampering issue came up. We ourselves don't support them so why would rest of the world do it. We expect a lot from them but hardly ever support them in times of crisis. Alas this is how things are, when our players go out there to play they have to face a lot and it does not seem to be changing for a long time.
      We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Working...
      X