England blow Pakistan away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England blow Pakistan away

Pathetic bowling from the Pakistanis - in particular Saqlain Mushtaq who seems to dislike bowling at his Surrey buddies and for Pakistan. He bowled with no spine, throwing up long hops and full tosses. Same goes for Waqar. He always goes for runs in ODI and this was no exception.

Anyway, congrats to England. Moin Khan needs to wake up and show more guts as a Captain...his Captaincy was lax and he seemed lost when the batsman were hitting his bowlers around.

------------------

Laterz,
    ManiaX.

Except Mushtaq, all went for runs. Flintoff did well. Flintoff is supposed to Afridi type bloke. Pakistan should be able to work out a plan to get him.

Comment

Well, I saw every ball of this game, and I think that it's not a very objective assessment from Maniax. The problem was it was a day night match and the heavy dew made it very hard for the bowlers to grip the ball, and negated the reverse swing which Paistanis excel in dry conditions. Saqlain was probably the best bowler. I agree that the captaincy was a bit unimaginative but I think the wet outfield really caught Moin on the hop. Before the game he was saying that he didn't expect any dew problems, but the ball was throwing up a spray as it rolled on the grass so I think it was difficult.

England batted well, but their true test will come in more normal conditions which suit our players. They have definitely gone there with a good attitude though and they seemed genuinely delighted with a win.

Riazuddin, the umpire, seemed to change his mind and give Stewart out after coming under pressure from the fielders, which didn't look good, but otherwise the umpiring was ok. I think it will be a good series. This England side is the least whiney I have seen for a while, and Pakistan will have to play well if they want to continue their recent domination over them.

Comment

We got beat by the better team of the day.
        The worst team overall.
        So what went wrong???
        1 word!
        Razzaq.
        He got hit for 25 in 2 overs.
        Wasim should have been brought in earlier!!!
        Also Azhar needed to be in the match.

My team for the next ODI:

1. Anwar
        2. Nazir
        3. Youhana
        4. Inzi
        5. Y Khan
        6. M Khan
        7. Afridi
        8. Razzaq
        9. Wasim
        10. Waqar
        11. Saqlain

Since we are already 1 down then we might as well as try afridi.
        If Azhar is fit, kick out saqlain.

------------------
        CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
        You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Xtreme, i personally was listening to commentary from cricinfo, didn't have the chance to see it live.
          But i believe that it was a very very very very close call.
          But england one so to bad for us.
          What is simply don't understand is why the heck did they have 2 spinners on the dry batting track the karachi is infamous for???
          That was plain stupid.
          In a test match this is the best spinner duo of the 90's.
          Not in a ODI esp. on a batting track.

------------------
          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

my team for next match as well as worldcup(pretty close to other selector, CM)):

1)Saeed Anwar
            2)Imran Nazir
            3)Yousuf Youhana
            4)Inzamam
            5)Faisal Iqbal
            6)Abdurrazak
            7)Azhar Mehmood
            8)Wasim Akram
            9)*New keeper
            10)*New pacer (Kashif Raza?)
            11)*New spinner

Moin Khan sucks both as keeper and captain. Kick him out just like ejaz and salim malik. Mushtaq jao jakar bakrian charao. bhaee mushtaq sey ziyada buddha spinner naheen milla. saqlain jao jakar county mein aur pasay banao. waqar expensive and buddha again, useless. Shahid Afridi tukka hay, kabhee chalta hay kabhee naheen.

shair-e-cricketiyat.

Comment

Any team who can chase 300 is GOOD … and England did play very well .. Pakistani problem lies in the structure and strategy … we should have more than five blowing options to begin with .. Tanduklar, Bevan, Kallis are some the most mediocre bowlers I have ever seen in international cricket but they perfectly fit in the one day game plan.. where unorthodox style, and varying slow pace can disturb a batsman timing and concentration who faces good to bad to ugly bowling in short period of time (50 overs) and its hard to decide for him to play the bowl accordingly … the other and major problem with Pak team is lack of practice and coordination .. players have all the excuses/disease lined up when the practice session gets underway .. .some have upset stomachs, headaches, ‘family-commitments, out of country, high fever (which is mysteriously cured few hours before the game) … senior players i.e. Saeed, Inzmam, and even talented Razaq never make to practice… Saquilan has to get his priorities straight … perform or you are out .. go spin your self in the counties .. and some one has put a sock in Waseem and Moin’s mouth .. stop predicting the results dumbo ! Moin predicted (a million times) the out-come of ICC trophy … and SA and Pak never made to the final .. and Akram predicted that Engalnd will be a pushover ‘have no chance’ .. they made you to eat your own words today!

------------------
              Hey one more thing
              These things are hard to explain
              For some it seems strange... to swallow
              The frontier of our minds
              Is the last place we find
              But maybe the first place we should go

Comment

Actually, Mr.Xtreme is right. I think Moin didnt account for the dew but thats a poor escuse. Ganguly said the same thing and it was poor sportsmanship - Moin didnt go that far - he complained but I dont think he used it as an escuse and was very gracious to the England team for pulling of a remarkable win.

That said..I stand by my assesment of Saqlain. To me, since the last part of the previous season and continuing through the start of this season - he seems to lack motivation when he's playing for Pakistan. Now is that because he isent confident when Moin was the Captain as comapred to Wasim Akram ? Could be. I dont see it as a loss of form..he gets tons of wickets for Surrey yet when he dons the green cap - he bowls long hops and full tosses, not to mention the fact that he no longer gives the ball a tweak and instead just bowls flat and keeps using his straighter one which Im sure Venkatesh Prasad can even pick easily by now.

I think Razzaq,Wasim and Mushy bowled well. Mushy in particular after coming back into the side deserves more credit. Perhaps Moin should play Shoaib Malik in place of Saqlain because he isent delivering the goods for whatever reason.

------------------

Laterz,
                ManiaX.

Comment

1)Saeed Anwar
                  2)Imran Nazir
                  3)Yousuf Youhana
                  4)Inzamam
                  5)Faisal Iqbal
                  6)Abdurrazak
                  7)Azhar Mehmood
                  8)Wasim Akram
                  9)*New keeper
                  10)*New pacer (Kashif Raza?)
                  11)*New spinner

Ok mister selector.
                  Who will take over as wickie??
                  Rashid Latif??
                  HELL NO!!
                  The team hates him, as he hates them.
                  That don't work.
                  What spinner.
                  Saqi is still the best there is.

I will change my team to follow you a bit.

1) Saeed Anwar
                  2) Imran Nazir
                  3) Yousuf Youhana
                  4) Inzamam
                  5) Faisal Iqbal
                  6) Moin Khan - he is the best he have.
                  7) Azhar Mehmood
                  8) Wasim Akram
                  9) Abdurrazak
                  10) New pacer (Kashif Raza?)
                  11) Saqlain Mushtaq

------------------
                  CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Guys, let's try and use our heads here. The team does not need an overhaul, the batsmen did ok, apart from Yousuf Youhanna who played a little slow on such an easy track. But then England were bowling with a dry ball so it was reverse swinging. We were bowling with a wet ball which totally stumped our effectiveness, i.e., spinners and reversers. I find it hard to judge bowlers in those conditions, and you had to actually see the game to truly appreciate it. Do Wasim and Razzaq normally get hit for 70 runs from their 10 overs?

Let's see what happens in the next couple of games before we start calling for the firing squad.

Incidentally, are the next 2 games day-nighters coz it's gonna have a big bearing on the result. Totally different conditions under the lights.

Comment

I agree with MR. X .. we don’t need an overhaul .. its not gonna change any thing . actually it will make things worse … I personally think Waseem ought to be punished for his neck deep involvement in the match fixing.. but since we are not going too .. hell bring back the Skipper .. he produced better results.. I would love to see Lateef as keeper .. after all he is the best out there (Pak and Internationally) … but again practically speaking its not gonna work .. ‘boys’ (I don’t know how Inzi is a boy?) have a good relationship with gutsy Moin . but the guy is a horrible keeper but one hell of a match winner bat… so we should stay with the same team .. please don’t bring back afrdi as an upper order batsman .. he is not a batsman !!!!
                      Azhar would have played today if he did not have that hand injury .. Vicky could be a terror to the batsman .. but he could be hit at ease at times… with Azhar we have a much better line and length bowler with a solid batting technique … Afrdi should come in place of Saleem Elahi .. the guy is a good batsman .. but Afrdi brings in his bowling .. which would provide the team with more bowling options .. but put him down in the batting order please.. Saqlain .. hmmmm .. prove your worth you county loving no good spin crap

------------------
                      Hey one more thing

Comment

I agree with MR. X .. we don’t need an overhaul .. its not gonna change any thing . actually it will make things worse … I personally think Waseem ought to be punished for his neck deep involvement in the match fixing.. but since we are not going too .. hell bring back the Skipper .. he produced better results.. I would love to see Lateef as keeper .. after all he is the best out there (Pak and Internationally) … but again practically speaking its not gonna work .. ‘boys’ (I don’t know how Inzi is a boy?) have a good relationship with gutsy Moin . but the guy is a horrible keeper but one hell of a match winner bat… so we should stay with the same team .. please don’t bring back afrdi as an upper order batsman .. he is not a batsman !!!!
                        Azhar would have played today if he did not have that hand injury .. Vicky could be a terror to the batsman .. but he could be hit at ease at times… with Azhar we have a much better line and length bowler with a solid batting technique … Afrdi should come in place of Saleem Elahi .. the guy is a good batsman .. but Afrdi brings in his bowling .. which would provide the team with more bowling options .. but put him down in the batting order please.. Saqlain .. hmmmm .. prove your worth you county loving no good spin crap

------------------
                        Hey one more thing

Comment

The remaining two games are also D/N matches from what I understand. I dont think Moin should be replaced..he's a fighting cricketer and in my opinion, Latif cant even lace Moin's boots. It's been that way since 1996. At one time Latif may have had the edge, but for the last 3-4 years Moin has done the job with the bat and behind the stumps. His captaincy is another aspect - being a 'keeper Captain it's difficult for him to lead by example. With Wasim and Anwar not available - he's the only choice till Azhar Mahmood or Mohd Wasim are mature enough. The team doeset need a complete overhaul - just get rid of Saqlain and bring in Afridi or Shoaib Malik and Azhar Mahmood for Waqar Younis. That plus some aggressive captaincy from Moin should see Pakistan through against a VERY competitive English team who are enjoying their trip to Pakistan.

------------------

Laterz,
                          ManiaX.

Comment

HELOOOOOOOOOOO I'M JSUT CHECKING,,,,,

Comment

Mania bro said " he seems to lack motivation when he's playing for Pakistan"

U got it spot on my brother!!!he is damn rich now and doesnt love his cricket anymore....

Comment

Working...
                              X