Bobby Charlton, an idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobby Charlton, an idiot

I recently lost a great chunk of respect for Bobby Charlton. In the current search for a coach for the English football (soccer) team, the FA (another bunch of SODs) was looking at some foriegn coaches as well. Bobby in his interview claimed that for english pride they must get an english coach..

Bobby, my dear chap, I really think qualifying for world cup would be better for pride and if we cant be the team that when the likes of geoff hurst and yourself played, atleast we should be able to get to the level when Linkear, Gazza and Robson terrorized other teams.

First and foremost, take all those old fogeys out of the FA and shoot them. The stupid bureaucrats have never touched a football let alone know how to run the FA.

We had good english coaches, Venebales was forced out due to clashes of FA with stupid stuff, and then Glen Hoddle was removed based on one statement by that chump gremlin..Tony Blair.. Tony's involvement in the footbal affairs should be renamed the Blair ***** Project. Idiot interferes where he should not, and where he should do something e.g. stopping hooligans from travelling to other countries to raise hell and to make laws that crackdown on this scum, he takes a back seat.

personally I would like to see Tony personally kiss Hoddle's butt to bring him back as the coach, otherwise venebles is the man.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Looks like Venebles has bigger fans than I imagined...and the FA stooges has more critics than previously thought..

here is a news brief..

Rodney Marsh has blasted the Football Association's top brass as "faceless old prats" - and is calling for Terry Venables to be given power within the organisation.

Venables is favourite to become the new England coach but former Manchester City and QPR striker Marsh - now an outspoken pundit - believes he should be given total control of football matters. And he also wants to see a major shake-up at Lancaster Gate, with Bobby Charlton and Manchester United supremo Martin Edwards given major roles.

Marsh, who won nine England caps, said: "For too long football in England has been run by people that have little or no qualification to dictate and mandate the way the game is played in this country."

Copyright Press Association Ltd 2000, All Rights Reserved
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I heard a rumour that there has been back door discussions between Bobby Robson and the FA chiefs. Bobby Robson is now saying that if his club's chairman agrees, then he is willing to take the job.

I think the FA will look at all options and avenues before even considering Venables for the job.

I agree Venables should be given the job. Also someone like Peter Taylor should work alonside him to gain further experience. At the end of his managerial tenue, Venables then should become the FA chief and run rhe game along with Bobby Charlton.

BTW..Gascoign is only 32 years of age...I for one don't think his career is over ?

Comment

Bobby Robson is currently manager of my hometown team, the mighty Newcastle United. The only chance of BR taking over at England level is in a temporary capacity, 1-2 games. Even then, I doubt he would be given permission by his board because managing a premier side is a full time business.

The best choice is clearly Venables, a coach with international experience, great at handling the press, good tactician and respected by all the players.

I agree with Fraudia that Bobby is perhaps losing it, foreign coaches have transformed sides like Chelsea and Arsenal. My only doubt would be if things went wrong, the players might use the foreign element as a scapegoat. At club level the foreign coach can get round this problem because he can bring players from various nations, but at International level he will have to work with English players. An Anglophile like Wenger or Houllier would get away with it, but what about a humourless git like Capello?

Blair ***** Project? I like it!

Comment

Quote :
          I agree with Fraudia that Bobby is perhaps losing it, foreign coaches have transformed sides like Chelsea and Arsenal. My only doubt would be if things went wrong, the players might use the foreign element as a scapegoat. At club level the foreign coach can get round this problem because he can bring players from various nations, but at International level he will have to work with English players. An Anglophile like Wenger or Houllier would get away with it, but what about a humourless git like Capello?

Blair ***** Project? I like it![/B][/QUOTE]

Although I agree that Wenger and Houlier maybe good managers - we have to remember that at club level thay have the luxury of bringing in good foreign players and help in the success of the club. As an English coach/manager they will not have this luxury. I believe many of the English players are over rated, and one or two injuries does really hurt the side. There are no decent backup players.

However, I believe that Venables will bring the best out of the limited talent he has available to him.

Comment

There are good players out there, There are several major issues with english football.

1) too much dependancy on foriegn talent.

The strong sterling had made England an attractive place for foriegn players and we got some really good ones, but many english players did not get the type of exposure that they needed. there was a gap between having players like Robson and Linekar and the new breed.

2) Not letting some players play due to internal politics:

Why did Ian Wright never make it? he was surely among the best english strikers right after linekar's days. Fowler also did not get as many caps as he deserved. England would have been much better a few years ago with a shearer/fowler attack than a shearer/sheringham attack. Macmanaman also does not get to see as much action as he deserves. with players like scholes and mcmanaman and beckham we really should not have a problem in midfield but monkeying around with it messes stuff up. Then we have la seux

3) letting players who dont deserve to play..play.

okay big case in point the Neville brothers in defense...they are awful and should be dragged to tower of london and shot. Sheringham messed up many times yet they kept giving him chances, while the likes of wright and fowler waited. as much as I like david seaman, they need to get some new blood in there soon. We also let that pratt from spurs play too much in the past...the name escapes me..

4) Muckin about with coaches

if Venebles was left incharge England would be a much better team. they expect a coach to turn the team around in 2 matches..that does not happen, France took its time in its build up phase and look at them now.
            Even if Hoddle was not pressured out, we would be much better off, as much as I have repsect for keegan for being a great player and a Gentleman he is not international level coach material yet.

5) FA- nothing hurst english football more than the FA loonies.

Comment

England need to get rid of washed up players like Gareth Southgate and Teddy Sheringham.

For all that he's worth and done, Shearer still hogged the striker's a season too many before he let go.

Comment

Southgate..as much as I despise him for messing up on penalty kick that killed england 2 years ago, still is a decent player. before they get rid of him the nevilles need to leave because they just dont have the work ethic that players like adams ahve, and players like "psycho" stewart had...even though psycho missed a major penalty kick for england in the world cup. But then one of my all time favs chris waddle is guilty of the same.

Dang I miss the days of Linekar, Gazza, Robson, Platt...but they had messed up then too the team had lost due to the great Peter Shilton, who is one of all time greats but needed to be let go.

They also need to realize that not every good player makes a good coach, takes different skill sets and they need to become as comfy with coaching skills as thet were with playing skills.

I think they should get Sir Alex for Man U as the coach, so what if he is scottish, the geezer knows how to coach, manage and win.

Comment

Fraudia man, be realistic. Ferguson's a Scot and he has one of the best jobs in the world managing Man U where he can buy any player he likes to improve his team. With England he's restricted to one nationality and he's on a hiding to nothing with the national press. The England job isn't as desirable as it used to be pal . Dunno how long it is since you been in the country, but that's a fact. I guarantee you that neither Ferguson, nor Wenger will accept the position, and they are the two top coaches in England.

Honestly, the FA have little option but to turn to Venables if they want someone who fits all the criteria. At least in purely football terms. If they are concerned about his financial dealings, that's a different matter.

Comment

what about hoddle then? his statement that it was his belief that people who are handicapped must have dome something in their past lives..was the basis to get tony blair on his case.

If that is the guy's belief than he is welcome to it, as long as a guy is a good coach I could care less if he thinks lobsters are aliens.

Wenger is an anglophile, but the FA just mucked about with him so i think there is hostility on both ends.

They will never bring Hoddle back, even though I feel he was the best coach in recent memory comparable only to Venables.

Comment

Yaar Fraudia you spoil sport , what ?lobsters arn't aliens..yaar only recently I got over the fact that there is no such thing as 'tooth fairy'...and now this....oof what next ?

Comment

Apparantly Bobby robson was approached by the FA to take up the England Manager's position on a temporary basis.

After a meeting between the board of Newcastle United and Bobby Robson today, the board did not give Robson the permission to leave Newcastle and take up the England Manager's post...

This really is an embarrasment for the FA. I wonder if common sense will prevail and the FA approach the people, media and all the pundits choice - Terry Venables....somehow, I doubt it

Comment

I have to say I'm not a great fan of Hoddle's. He always struck me as a manager who talked a better game than his CV. He didn't really achieve much at Chelsea and he rubbed a lot of the England players up the wrong way. If he had the support of the players I feel he wouldn't have been sacked.

Peter Talor has been chosen as the long term successor to Keegan and although he is relatively unknown, I feel it is a good choice. He was successful at U-21 level and his Leicester team are performing way above their market value. Maybe Bobby Robson can still be persuaded to help out in an advisory role if the Newcastle board feel it won't jeapordise his role at Newcastle?

Comment

the under 21 team had done very well but dinn this guy get in trouble with the FA because he wanted to let the lads develop their own flair rather than fit a mold. FA did not like it, he felt that it was needed for talent development, and he was let go and the U21 suffered right after that.

Why the hell cant they go get Venebles??????

damn it.

Comment

Working...
                            X