Future Pakistan team...must read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Pakistan team...must read!

Pakistan Cricket Board should get rid of all the corrupt and arrogant members of the team. Team discipline should be given priority and preference over talent. Performance is based on consistency and unity more than talent. We have alot of talent in the country and can easily groom new boys. Therefore lets get rid of:

should "NOT" be in Pakistan team:
    *Wasim Akram (bribes, arrogant)
    *Waqar Younis (bribes, arrogant)
    *Moin Khan (inconsistent)
    *Inzamam (inconsistent, fat and old, lazy)
    *Ejaz Ahmed (old, go home man)
    *Saqlain (wasim ka chamcha, just like qadir was imran ka chamcha, lack of performance, and go play county man, we dont need you)
    *Saeed Anwar (old)
    *Salim Malik (bribes, arrogant)
    *Shahid Afridi (also involved in scandals)
    *Arshad Khan (old, untalented, waste of spot # 10)
    *Akram Raza (bribes, arrogant)
    *Shoaib Akhtar (out of tem unless cuts his hair)
    *Mushtaq Ahmed (old, lack of performance)
    *Hasan Raza (bad character)
    *Mohd Zahid (injuries)

Hey you all listed above, your time is over, give new kids a chance now.

These are old "bribers" who had messed up the whole atmosphere. We need clean character people who know how to control their temper before anything else. PCB should get rid of these old donkeys without giving any importance for world records and concentrate more on talent hunt and discipline.

The future "clean character" pakistani team:

1)Imran Nazir
    2)Imran Abbas
    3)Yousuf Youhana (dedicated player)
    4)New Boy*
    5)Azhar Mehmood (Captain)
    6)Abdurrazak (Vice Captain)
    7)New keeper*
    8)New boy*
    9)New boy*
    10)Saeed Janjua
    11)Kashif Raza

coach: Rashid Latif

Any comments?
    Shair.

[This message has been edited by shair30 (edited October 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by shair30 (edited October 18, 2000).]

Look i like your political stuff but you and cricket don't mix.
    Have you read the Qayyum Report??
    Yes or no.
    Then i will deal with the rest later.

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

its not criticising any individual player brother cm, its just cleaning the team and giving new lads some chance just like indians are doing. most of our players in team right now are old brother cm. we need a team for next world cup. dont we?

shair

Comment

Ok so you haven't read it.
        Inzi, Saeed and Waqar were fined becuase the Judge believed that they were withholding evidence.
        No proof what so ever.
        So that clears Anwar, Waqar and Inzi of any charges at all.
        They weren't even being tried.

As for the rest.
        Moin is the best ODI wickie after Ian Healy.
        And he is always consistant.
        One ODI he doesn't work and he not consitant??
        Check his test record.
        I have personally seen him save our collective asses when the batting collapse 10 to 15 times in the past 2 years.
        Saqi is the best off spinner.
        He is a must.

Ejaz is crap - get rid of him.
        Mailik is banned - good!

My team:

Saeed Anwar
        Imran Nazir
        Yousef Youhana
        Inzi
        Younis Khan
        Moin Khan
        Abdul Razzaq
        Azhar Mahmood
        Saqlain
        Waqar
        Wasim.

Wasim is the best ODI bowler ever.
        I will keep him.

P.S. i read all 150 pages - my computer teacher banned me for 3 days becuase i printed all that in college.

------------------
        CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
        You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Well I agree some of the players you listed should hang it up (or they will hanged any way!) .. but arrogance is grounds for dismissal .. ?? you are bound to have these kind of problems like scandals, arrogance, discipline with your ‘Stars’ .. bloated ego is automatic given they are loved and idolized fanatically by millions of Pakistani cricket fans … you will always have some issues .. its not a perfect world after all ! corruption is a serious issue and should not be tolerated ..
          given the level of involvement of Waseem he should be behind bars but no sir he is the ‘Pride and Joy’ of PCB…
          Ijaz was never meant to be in the 11 in the first place ..
          Inzimam .. has to stop eating Halwa-Puri .. he still got some cricket left him he is good but FAT ! …
          Saeed is highly inconsistent given his experience and numbers of years he is playing he should be able to produce on consistent bases which he never did through out his career with the exception of Sharja ..
          Moin would have never seen the day of light if Rashid was not a victim of politics…
          Rashid is a true athlete and with out a doubt one the best keepers of the game .. but he was booted out of the Pakistani Cricket for all the wrong reasons… but why make him the coach of the national team .. good player does not translate into good coach
          Shoaib .. ‘Honey you gotta talk to talk and walk to walk ‘ prove your self you sex-maniac!
          Saqulain and Afrdi have to get their act together…
          Razak , Azhar, Yohana, Imran have arrived

Comment

Originally posted by CM:

My team:

Saeed Anwar
            Imran Nazir
            Yousef Youhana
            Inzi
            Younis Khan
            Moin Khan
            Abdul Razzaq
            Azhar Mahmood
            Saqlain
            Waqar
            Wasim.

Wasim is the best ODI bowler ever.
            I will keep him.

P.S. i read all 150 pages - my computer teacher banned me for 3 days becuase i printed all that in college.

[/B]
            well, we can keep some players i guess more. anyways, me and you we are talking as if we are the selection committe brother cm, lol well hope the selection committee listen to us. i guess we can still keep saeed anwar in the team based on his recent performance. younis khan has been a failure on several occasions brother cm. waqar is old alongwith wasim. well, wasim though is an allrounder but he should not get involved in any kinda khalifa gheeree then we can keep him. saqlain is busy making money at county, so let him play there. inzimam is getting fat and lazy every passing day. so here is the compromised team:

Imran Nazir
            Imran Abbas
            Saeed Anwar
            Yousef Youhana
            Abdul Razzaq (vice captain)
            Azhar Mahmood (Captain)
            New boy*
            New keeper*
            Wasim Akram
            Kashif Raza (right arm fast)
            Saeed Janjua (right arm fast)

Azhar Mehmood should be made captain keeping future in mind and abdurrazak made vice captain. these two are very sincere fellows we've got in team who only play for the team and country.

Any comments? Any comments are welcome, though we are not the selevtion committee.

Shair

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster-Blues:
              "Moin would have never seen the day of light if Rashid was not a victim of politics…"
              Rashid is a true athlete and with out a doubt one the best keepers of the game .. but he was booted out of the Pakistani Cricket for all the wrong reasons"
              [/B]
              ditto

Comment

As far as the above comment goes, the fact that Latif was a class keeper and got the boot doesn't make Moin any less of a cricketer.

In fact, as much as I regarded Latif higher than Moin before he was axed, I think Moin has developed substantially and his performance level has risen steeply. He now does an extremely good job both behind and in front of the wicket. On parrallel, Latif is still the brilliant keeper that he always was.

Look at it more positively, we've got two ace keepers to fall back on in any case of emergency or circumstance.

Furthermore, we've got 2 or 3 good upcoming keepers in the ranks. So the problem is and never was about the keeper slot...

Comment

...it's about constructing a formidable future lineup once the current stalwarts are gone.

It's never easy keeping a team together in a constantly changing landscape such as Pakistan. Political shifts, players falling out with each other etc. On paper, you can construct a monster team but there's got to be dressing room harmony to unleash the full potential of the unit. I think chopping Aamir Sohail off was very unfortunate, just because the atmosphere was no longer as cordial as it once was. Although currently Imran Nazir is an excellent find, Sohail was initially replaced by Wasti, who was very ineffective.

But surprisingly the bigger hurdle seems to be in the fast bowler dept. rather than muscling our batting. After Waqar and Wasim there's no genuine fast bowler in the strictest sense of the word. Shoaib is just a pace machine who seems to be in the headlines without bowling a ball. If he reallydevelops his line 'n length, and makes himself durable by sending down shorter spells etc., then he's definitely poised for excellence.

Abdur Razzaq and Azhar are very effectivce medium bowlers at the most. Mohd. Akram and Mohd. Zahid to hain hi Eid key Chaand. Shabbir Ahmed is a junglee bowler with screaming pace, but he's got minimal line.

Apart from earthing a genuine quickie of the "W" mould, bowlers like Shahid Nazir etc. should be given more opps. They should get enough exposure, especially on bouncy Oz and SA tracks now, and by the time the W's are gone, we've got quality to lead the attack.

Batsmen aren't much of a problem, we're loaded with good bats. It's just the order, and the mode of the game that's critical.

I think the present team should be:

Anwar
                  Nazir
                  Ijaz/Mohd.Wasim/Afridi
                  Inzamam
                  Youhana
                  Moin
                  Wasim
                  Abdur Razzaq
                  Azhar Mehmood/Shahid Nazir/Mushie
                  Saqlain
                  Waqar/Shoaib

and to broaden our pool, exposure should be given to:

Salim Elahi
                  Younis Khan
                  Shoaib Malik
                  Faisal Iqbal
                  Mohd.Akram
                  Atiq-uz-Zaman
                  Mohd.Hussain
                  Kabir Khan

Comment

So you people think Wasim is guilty and should be thrown out well throw him out what you people have been waiting for. its more than six years now that he has been accused people tried their level best to throw him out are stiil trying their best they managed to throw him out but he always came back strong. The funniest part is he always win matches for us and we made him a hero again. No one in our team is more consistent than him. The only thing I want to say is select today he is a hero or a vilian and than stick to your choice because this is unfair that when you need you make him a hero and when you like make him a vilian. But do keep in mind that after six years of allegations on everymatch that Pakistan lost Justice Qayum failed to find any evidence against him. Want to kick him out kick him and see what happends. Best of luck.
                    We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Maindad is always in center of controversies and I think making him coach will produce some controversies .. the point I am trying to make is that Mainadad or no Miandad .. players need to learn to respect and listen to their coach .. Coach has to be tough to get the best from his players… the recent controversy was an issue with the board .. Miandad does not get to decide who gets how much … its up to the Board .. and if the players are man enough they should take it to the real authority .. Akram is a great player .. consistent and many times have single handedly won the game for PAK . he is arguably one of the elite bowler to have played Cricket … but he is a shady figure .. and proof of his involvement in match fixing is overwhelming … I like the guy but if you are guilty you ought to be punished .. we do not need to make idols or gods of these players .. I do not wanna judge their performance by their personal behavior ( drinking, dope, or sleeping around ) that’s non-of –my business.. but if they cheat and break the laws and disgrace their country in the process (of playing cricket) the ought to be punished not honored ! miandad have and had communication problems… players revolted against him when he was made skipper .. so obviously Minadad has a problem for right or wrong reasons but he did not violate any laws or cheat his countrymen the guy played when he was sick and fasting .. he played for Pakistan .. he played for the pride of the country .. Akram plays (or at least in past 5 years or so) for personal glory and gains .. he is the one who pulled out at the last minute from Calcutta quarterfinal leaving his team high and dry at the critical stage … Pakistani therapist later revealed that he (akram) kept changing his injury story .. he did not let dr. Dan (pak therapist) to examine him…

Comment

Please Rooster can you tell me what overwhelming evidence is there I would be really greatful Do you know what Dan kiesel said about Wasim's injury in court.
                        We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Imran Nazir
                          Imran Abbas
                          Saeed Anwar
                          Yousef Youhana
                          Abdul Razzaq (vice captain)
                          Azhar Mahmood (Captain)
                          New boy*
                          New keeper*
                          Wasim Akram
                          Kashif Raza (right arm fast)
                          Saeed Janjua (right arm fast)

saeed janjua? kashif raza? imran nazir? how are these players..i dont know much bout them..saqlain is probably the best
                          and razzak is best all around player pakistan has

Comment

take arrogance out of Pak team and our team will be as good as india's. buncha loser half witted girls with no balls.

we need more arrogant players like wasim akram, waqar shoib aamir sohail etc. not less. well as long as arrogance comes from the confidence i must add.

[This message has been edited by mundyaa (edited October 23, 2000).]

Comment

My team list

1. me
                              2. me
                              3. ME {skipper}
                              4. Me {next to skipper}
                              5. me
                              6. me
                              7. me
                              8. me
                              9. me
                              10. me