Wow, what excitement from the "Mini World Cup"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what excitement from the "Mini World Cup"

Well some games have ended, and most were what everyone predicted. Kenya would lose to India horribally, West Indies are becomming worser and worser day by day, and the Bengali's need some more time to beat Nasser Hussain and his English men.

But the suprise of the tornament at the moment, has to be the India win over Australia. What great performances from the newbe's Yuvraj Singh and Zaheer Khan.
    So India will play the winner of England/South Africa. As for Australia, I think the next flight to Sydney from Nairobi is tomorrow.

For Sri Lanka vs. Pakistan match, I'm still little worried about this, since I bet Sri Lanka to win it all. Oh well Pakistan Zindabad, everything will come out alright Inshallah.

I think all newbies start out well...yeah, that was Yuvraj's first ODI and he made a pretty good score but Imran Nazir was also like that. Keeping my fingers crossed for Pakistan tomorrow!
    A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

Pak looks more capable of beating Lanka. But Lanka these days, is a very well organised side.

Tomorrow's winner is more likely to be in finals, 'coz they'll have to play Zim or NZ.

Comment

i would say, why not go for young vijay bharadwaj, reetinder sing sodhi, mohammad kaif, siddiquie as well and give agarkar, prasad a boot.

Comment

Yeah nice performance by the indians, they played really well.
          I think thats a lucky start by another newcomer, remember Shahid Afridi (the fastest century)
          Australia most of the times depends their performance on the bowlers more than the batsman, so thats what happened and a lucky day for the Indies.
          I was really happy when I heard the news of India wining the match now we get to kill them in the finals, if we beat SL tomorrow and get through NZ/Zim.
          I think we have a fair chance of wining the match tomorrow and its a way diffrent team than the one in Srilanka since we got our 2 of the best players back, Wasim and Moin.
          Pakistanis are going to be in pressure tommorrow and thats not good cause we don't like to be in pressure.
          The best strategy to win is knocking out the top Srilankan order, specially Attapatu and Jayasuriya and play them like we did in Asia Cup.
          As far as the bowling part goes theres not alot of threat except for Murali and that guy who is trying to be like Shoaib Akhtar, Zoysa, he's been impressive.

------------------
          Thank you, come again

Comment

Well Pakistan comprehensively beat SriLanka and now has a very good chance of making into the final. Good performance by bowlers specially Wasim and Azhar.
            Saeed batted superbly. I think Pakistan has a very good chance of winning the tournament.
            Waiting for a Pakistan India final. Indians played really well yesterday.
            We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Wow! Pak wins. Now Pak is as good as going to finals since either Zim or NZ should not give much competition.

Comment

Congratulations on the Pakistan Win
                Yes Pakistan now have possibly the highest chance of winning the tornament.
                Maybe beating NZ/Zim will be a walk in the park, setting up for a final.

Saeed Anwar played magnificent. The strokes he played were really good. But poor Wasim, in his 3rd over i believe, Jayasuria knocked him off for 16 runs.

Pakistan Zindabad.

Comment

Pak played really well especially Saeed and Akram. I hope they dont take it easy against NZ or ZIM. They should be in the finals. My prediction for the finals PAK V SA. I would love to see India in the final so we can thrash them but I dont see them beating SA.

GO PAK GO.

Comment

Yep, my strategy worked, they did the samething that I said should be done. Played Mrali really well.
                    Knocked out early batsmans like Jayasuriya and Attapatu.

Comment

no surprises here. England knocked out by SA.

Comment

Cairns looks doubtful for NZ tomorow. Pakistan should win tomorrow. Looks like Pak v SA final. But as always, a Pak v Ind match would be better.

Not many teams around the world who would play 2 off spinners in a ODI side. Pakistan played both Saqlain and Arshad Khan, who were both effective. Is this a hint to the type of wicket Pakistan may produce when England come to play?

Comment

No doubt but love to see India win against SA in the semifinals so we could crush them in the finals, its been a long time both teams met in a final match.
                          SO lets hope India wins.

------------------
                          Thank you, come again

Comment

only 6 hours left until the big game, i am sure i will get my $15 worth

pak will surely crush the kiwis

------------------
                            oİş°¨¨°şİo LiFe Is An IllUsIoN aNd ReAliTy iS a FiGmEnT oF tHe iMaGiNaIiOn oİş°¨¨°şİo

Comment

You know one thing that's really making me really mad... the prices of tickets and fan support in Kenya.
                              I love games with lots of support, and a big tornament like this should have thousands of people supporting their country.

Oh well anyways, South Africa whipped England, too hard. England have very... less time left till the Pakistan ODI's. They better get their gear in tact.
                              Watch out for Kallis, he might once again be the Man of the Tornament for the 2nd time in the 2nd annual ICC Knockout.

India better beat the South Africans, because I want to see what excuse they will come up with (if they do) about not playing Pakistan
                              But that would be fun to watch, if it ever does occur.

Well I sure hope I get my money's worth too Kaka. Also Carines better play, because watching the Kiwi's ain't cool without him.
                              Pakistan, Inshallah will win. Ok going to sleep now so i can stay up all night for the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X