India go the Pakistan way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India go the Pakistan way

Well guys India has just finished their 50 overs.In the end they were 264/6,setting NZ a target of 265.A very nice score but the way they started it looked like they were going to score a whole lot more than that.But perpetual fall of wickets in the last overs held them back.Much like pakistan looked as if they were going to score a lot more than 252 before the batting collapsed.Though india managed to score 12 more runs and that can be a lot in a one day match.Nevertheless I think we are going to see an exciting final.

And exciting it was to the last minute,well at least uptill the 49th over of NZ innings,but thanks to a brilliant century from Chris Cairns,NZ pulled it off and beat india by 4 wickets.
    YAHOO!!
    NewZealand=Congratulations.Well earned victory.
    India=Good performance.Carry on.

Comment

yuvaraj has done well with ball as well. zaheer is wayward today as young fast bowlers often are. it will take time. i hope this was a last chance for kambli. he does not deserve another opportunity. bharadwaj or even laxman would have been beeter choices. indians shot themselves in foot and none except captain himself was responsible for two runouts. i did not understand why Prasad who got 3 out 6 wkts india got, did not finish his quota. cairns played a magnificent innings and was very with bowling as well. that was great coming out of injury.

Comment

Real sloppy cricket from the Indians. But a fantastic effort from Zaheer Khan. At least he was trying to bowl yorkers and pitch the ball up unlike Agarkar who just runs in with his medium place and says 'hit me'. The Indians got around 25 runs less than they should have but lost the game due to their limited bowling. Great effort from the Kiwis - nice to see them finally win a tournament. All in all, the Kiwis beat the 2nd best team in the world - Pakistan and a team with an extremely solid batting line up in India - in the final so they deserve this win. India should'nt be too disappointed - although I fail to understand how or why they would want to keep Kambli in the side.
        This guy has gotten more chances than any other player in the side - surely India must have some up and coming younger batsmen at home..or maybe it's cos Kambli is buddies with Tendulkar etc...who knows. Either way he doesent deserve to be in the side. Great final. Pakistan, Australia and RSA should wake up and realize that over confidence can be areal killer.

------------------

Laterz,
        ManiaX.

Comment

Carbon copy of the Pakistan game. NZ took advantage of wimpy performances by Indian middle order. As a Pakistani, I would love India to keep Kambli and Agarkar in the side as they flop so consistently. Agarkar's dad must be a Brahmin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xtreme:
            Carbon copy of the Pakistan game. NZ took advantage of wimpy performances by Indian middle order. As a Pakistani, I would love India to keep Kambli and Agarkar in the side as they flop so consistently. Agarkar's dad must be a Brahmin.
            ya! agarkar is a brahmin and kambli is a dalit christian. but both are marathi. zahir is marathi too. it is said that marathis, particularly bombay has big influence on selection.

Comment

I think NZealenders played briliantly and deserved to win.
              India played well in the tournament and hope they will do well in future.
              New Zealand well done keep it up.
              We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Working...
              X