Hockey Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hockey Matches

Anybody know how to watch Hockey Matches in USA. Any satellite feed or any local coverage. I am missing Hockey, the last hockey match I saw was the final of Los Angles OLympics, that was a great match. Please let me know if anybody has any info.

Same here!
    Man I hate living in U.S.

------------------
    Thank you, come again

Comment

I have about 10 Olympics Channels. But I don't watch them, it's a waste of space.
      A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

*wry smile* a waste of space? u meant waste of time....isn't?

[This message has been edited by Girl from Quraysh (edited September 17, 2000).]

Comment

I did mean waste of space...they could have filled those channels with something a lot more interesting.

I don't know what the hoo-haa is about the Olympics. It's a farce. How do we know the best of the best are there? Only the rich countries who can afford to pay for extensive training can send their athletes and win major gold medals. What about developing countries. Yeah, they do get to send the odd few, but we know who rules at the end of the day. It's sad. I also feel sorry for the Pakistani hockey team. Someone said they have no chance of winning.
          Maybe this should be a new post altogether.

Comment

No you don't blame it on poverty, and corruption. Look at Africa, they are really corrupt, more poorer than us, but they whip everyones a$$ in running long distance, soccer, and other events.

Infact, our athletes are talented, or how would they get there? There is something called qualifiers. Commenwealth Games, Pan Am Games, Asia Championship, South Asia Games, and thousands of other events around the world.
            Now if weren't good, we wouldn't have won them.

Our Cricket team is extremely good, and we don't have any facility in Pakistan. England and Australia have all the rich places to train players, and we can beat them.

The only way you'll lose is if you don't have
            THE LOVE OF THE GAME.
            Something Pakistani's don't have.

Not till our mothers and fathers think there is other opportunities in the world besides being a doctor and lawyer, we won't succed. We need the country behind us.

Comment

I agree with cat woman, Peoples champ, yeah alright people from africa,asia,etc do kick a**, but still at the end of the day as CW said, who gets the glory....the 'big' countries do, the countries with the resources to send hundreds of athletes who have had training and instruction in world class facilities. And i guess maybe in that respect the olympics does become a farce....but hmmm...nevertheless there's alot of postive aspects to the olympics as well....

Comment

No not really. I'd have to disagree on your points there.

There is no better satisfaction than beating a power house like Australia in any event!
                Just getting one athelete from our country to swim against the greats, run against the greats, that would be fantastic.

Having that glory, is nothing like it. Being there with the other 10,000 luckey people. That is satisfaction buddy! Going home, proving yourself you were a Olympian.

Glory is nothing when you know you are the one with lots of money.
                Glory is when you do it for your country.

You are a special person if you are choosen out of a 3rd world nation who can't afford that much. You are not special if you know you have lots of chances to get there (eg. America).

Comment

I agree that it must be quite an amazing feeling to represent your country, especially since you've been training so hard your whole life to get this far, and to this event.

My concern was that it's just so unfair that some people don't get the opportunity to take part simply because they don't have the money. That's the communist in me coming out.

Comment

Salam.
                    Pakis rule!!!,,,,

Comment

I just hope I could participate in Olympics it would be great. I am seriously thinking about starting training for the next olympics. But than I think I am too old now If I will start training now by the time the next olympics arive I will be too old. Still can anyone tell me if I want to go to olympics where can I train in Pakistan and may be someday I will become the first Pakistani to win an olympic gold in an individual catagory. There is no harm in dreaming.
                      We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

CBC is carrying Hockey matches. Semifinal is on tonight or early tomorrow morning.
                        Thanks for your help.....

Comment

John:

How do you get CBC?? I am in the midwest so all I get with "CB" is "CBS".

Comment

Sorry Guy, CBC stands for Canadian Broadcasting Corp. or something. It's a Canadian Channel and covering Olmypics for Canada. You need a Dish to get that chanel. I have a big dish and get that chanel free, if you have or any body you know have a big dish you can catch that signal on SAT E1 or A1 on Ch. 1.

Comment

yep nothing beats hockey night in canada eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X