X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ullu
    replied
    Originally posted by Elegancia:
    Pakis played really well against the Dutch.
    But thanx to GB, Dutch are in semis & can hope to erase the history that nobody has defended the medal in past 40 years.
    india lost 2-3 very good chances. pity for Dhanraj & Mukesh who tried really hard for the team in their last Olympics.
    My predictions :
    FINAL : Australia vs. Pakistan
    BRONZE : Holland
    Thanks to India being out of semis, we are seeing malik even in this forum.
    Elegencia, I think Holland is out of semis as well..

Leave a comment:

• Elegancia
    replied
    Pakis played really well against the Dutch.
    But thanx to GB, Dutch are in semis & can hope to erase the history that nobody has defended the medal in past 40 years.

india lost 2-3 very good chances. pity for Dhanraj & Mukesh who tried really hard for the team in their last Olympics.

My predictions :
    FINAL : Australia vs. Pakistan
    BRONZE : Holland

Leave a comment:

• Malik73
    started a topic Hockey semis: India out, Pak in !

Hockey semis: India out, Pak in !

Not usually a sporting type but have been following my proud nation's stunning performance in the Olympics. So its official India is out of the semi's and PAK is in!
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/nonfra...0/dtlspo07.asp

Hockey semis: India out, Pak in

EIGHT TIMES champions India conceded a penultimate minute equaliser to Poland through a defensive error and drew 1-1 to crash out of medal contention in the Olympic games hockey tournament here today.

Full-back Dilip Tirkey put India ahead in the 53rd minute of the concluding Group-B match. Poland's equaliser in the dying moments came off the stick of Tomasz Cichy, who dashed India's hopes of winning their first Olympic medal in the game in 20 years.

India, with eight points after today's match, failed to make it to the semi-finals as South Korea, also on eight points, moved ahead as the second best team from the pool by virtue of having a better goal difference.

Pak make it: Pakistan stormed into the Olympic hockey semi-finals with a stunning 2-0 win over world champions The Netherlands here today. Needing a win to stay alive, Pakistan scored once in each half as the Dutch fell to the curse that has afflicted reigning Olympic champions for 40 years.

No team has successfully defended the gold since India's winning streak ended in 1960, but The Netherlands contributed to their first defeat in the games by a woeful display from the strikers.

Working...
X