INDIA-7 pts.Pak.only 4Pts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INDIA-7 pts.Pak.only 4Pts.

Pakistan has Impossible task of beating favourite holland to have hope of semi final!!
    are Indias chances in Hockey

Whatever I have read in the reviews, out defence and midfiled are very
    weak and our captain is the weakest link !! Poland shouldn't cause India
    any trouble going by their recent results. But Indian players have to
    pull their socks up to take it from here. Let's hope for the best.
    : With 2 wins, 1 draw and one defeat India has 7 pts and have
    : to play poland. Aus has 8 pts in 4 outings and need to play
    : Korea. Korea has 5 pts in 3 matches and need to play poland
    : and Aus.

: If India beats Poland, India will be through to semis. So
    : there is a good chance for India to make to semis.

: Pool-A is interesting now. Pakistan has 3 draws and one
    : win in 4. Germany has 8 pts in 4 and one more easy game to
    : go. Holland too has 8 pts and one game against Pak.
    : Pakistan has to win against Holland to enter semis. Holland
    : would need to draw against Pak to secure its spot in semis.
    : All assuming that Germany will win its next match against
    : Britain.

:
    : I hope India beat Poland and Holland beats Pakistan. Only
    : then Mera Bharat will be truely Mahan . But then you
    : never know with Pakistan. They may not only will this crunch
    : game, but also end up winning the Gold.

------------------

I think Pak has 6 points. It has one win and 3 draws. win gives 3 points and draw gives only 1. It is very difficult for Pak to reach semis.

Poland is entirely capable of troubling Indian team. Even a draw will see India out.

Comment

Ullu, every time I read your response, it surprises me even more. I think you are an Indian brand of ISI agent..

I really haven't been following hockey, is the match between Pakistan and Holland tonight..?

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited September 24, 2000).]

Comment

Indian brand of ISI is RAW. Pak plays Dutch on 26th.

The difference between different teams is not much. Argentina was leading Aussies 2-1 at some stage. So anyone is capable of beating anyone else.

Comment

Alas! I should have made my point more vivid. It was my way of paying tribute as you always stand-up for facts and favor Pakistan

Comment

Actually, if Pakistan starts winning all pool matches, that is always a bad sign...we never win the tournment if we have a comfortable pool.... Look at cricket world cup 1999.

But if we scrape through to the semis, after having a horrible pool, then BINGO... we dance the victory lap. I remember Olympics 1984 and World Cup Cricket 1992. Both times we were dependant on other teams to come up with spectacular results for us to go through. Both times we were lucky and ended up the ultimate winners.

So...here we come....Gold medal!

Come to think of it, Pakistan may turn out to be the team that gets out of Olympics without losing a single match!. I mean, if we draw with Holland (tsk..tsk..) we will be out of semis, without losing a single match... Now that will be interesting. Ofcourse, there is always the possibility that we will be beaten hands down

But, I still believe in miracles

------------------
            Life is too short to waste
            Enjoy... and be Happy

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:
              Actually, if Pakistan starts winning all pool matches, that is always a bad sign...we never win the tournment if we have a comfortable pool.... Look at cricket world cup 1999.

But if we scrape through to the semis, after having a horrible pool, then BINGO... we dance the victory lap. I remember Olympics 1984 and World Cup Cricket 1992. Both times we were dependant on other teams to come up with spectacular results for us to go through. Both times we were lucky and ended up the ultimate winners.

So...here we come....Gold medal!

Come to think of it, Pakistan may turn out to be the team that gets out of Olympics without losing a single match!. I mean, if we draw with Holland (tsk..tsk..) we will be out of semis, without losing a single match... Now that will be interesting. Ofcourse, there is always the possibility that we will be beaten hands down

But, I still believe in miracles
              ". But then you
              : never know with Pakistan. They may not only will this crunch
              : game, but also end up winning the Gold." ~~~~
              I 'm diplomatic.I always keep an exit strategy .Never say never ,& you wont eat your words.Good to see Pakistanis having healthy attitude about defeat & optimistic believe in them selves.!'ll be happy if either India or Pak keeps the gold!!LOL ;-)

Comment

Ok guys here is the bottom line.
                WE win.
                So far Ger and Ned are tied.
                Ger will go through as they have to play Malaysia.
                Our last match is with the NED.
                If we lose or draw we are out.
                Simple.

------------------
                CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
                You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Outlaw -
                  It was my way of paying tribute to you as you always stand-up for facts
                  --------------------------------

Ullu isn't dead yet

Comment

Originally posted by Hizbul:
                    Outlaw -
                    It was my way of paying tribute to you as you always stand-up for facts
                    O.k Hizbul bhai,what would you rather have .pakistan play superbly all over the field .but could'nt do more than equalize the stupid sneaky first half goal by holland.Pakistan despite perfect game only draws & doesn't qualify for semifinal ,ger. &dutch do .
                    Or the other scenerio,Netherland misses repeatedly,Pakistan some how manages to hang on barely In the second half by luck Pakistan escape defeat & in the very last 10 min converts a penalty to get a cliff hanger 1-0 win over holland to manage to be a contender for semifinals with germans????

I know your answer ,but i want you to answer in writing.

------------------

Comment

Hrithik, I dont find any reason why its impossible for Pakistan to beat Holland.
                      They drew with Germany, so did we.
                      They drew with Malaysia so did we. (infact they could'nt even score against Malaysia!)

Both the teams performances' are pretty much balanced!!!
                      By the way Pakistanis do much better as underdogs than as favorites!!!

Comment

Azad Munna,
                        welcome to Gupshup.
                        As ullu says, it does look like anyone is capable of beating anyone else...so both the scenarios are possible....however me feels it will be a drawn match....

Comment

Originally posted by Hizbul:
                          Outlaw -
                          Ullu isn't dead yet
                          Yet another Jackass hindu trying to be a smartass..

Tribute: An act, statement, or gift, that is intended to show gratitude , respect or admiration.

Get it into your head..dumass..

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited September 25, 2000).]

Comment

I don't really follow hockey much but I do know that Holland are a well-rated side. It will be a big task to beat them. Pakistan seem to be on the up in hockey from what I can gather, but they seem to be in a really tough group.

Comment

Outlaw,
                              Raining cats and dogs, does not mean what the dictionary might say.Usage is more important than the dictionary meaning.

Since this is Khel Khelari and not English Language forum, I will live you at that.

--------
                              If marriage was banned, all in-laws would be outlaws

[This message has been edited by Hizbul (edited September 25, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X