India in Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India in Olympics

Since Chilli has started all those anti-pakistani topics in this forum, I thought I should start one too.

India has the population of 1 billion people, than why does India has so few participants (about 70.) In the otherhand Pakistan's population is 140 million and they have about 27 participants attending.

If you look at the pecentage than pakistan has way much more participants in the olymipics.
    My question is why?

China has the population of over a billion and they had about 300 participants and they are a communists country.

Is it because india has lost the passion for any kind of sports by watching idiotic Indian films.

Don't say its a poor country because pakistan's economy is worst.

------------------
    Thank you, come again

[This message has been edited by UMAIR316 (edited September 18, 2000).]

Simple you need brains to participate and win at olympics. India suffers from a severe shortage of this commodity. 1 billion population and all they have to show for it is maybe one or two medals, pathetic to say the least.

Comment

ABAY KYA HO GAYA SUB INDIAN GUPPIES KO. KOI MERA SAWAL KA JAWAB KYOU NAHI DERA. LAGTA HAI KAI SUB KO KOI SAAMP SUNG GYA HAI.

Comeon Chillie, ZZ, Bombay Kid and the others, why no answer.

------------------
      Thank you, come again

Comment

india got a bronze
        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

What has Pakistan got so far?

In my opinion, the better question to ask is which country is getting more medals and why, rather than why India has sent less participants proportionately than Pakistan.

Comment

Dhir don't try to change the subject, my simple question was why does India has so few participants in the olyimpics, percentage
            wise.
            Ofcourse India will have more medals than Pakistan because they have more Participants.

India= 1 Billion.
            Pakistan= 146 million.

------------------
            Thank you, come again

Comment

Ehsan says :
              Simple you need brains to participate and win at olympics. India suffers from a severe shortage of this commodity.
              -----------------------------

Yes, and you need muscles to succeed in the field of Computers/IT , which ofcourse, India has in plenty !!

Comment

Umair316 says:
                Ofcourse India will have more medals than Pakistan because they have more Participants.
                India= 1 Billion.
                Pakistan= 146 million.
                -----------------------------

Umair, u are more stupid than I originally thought.
                If population is the criterion, Pakistan should be probably getting 30-40 times more medals than Japan.
                Why can't u get this in your egg-head, that India/Pakistan are poor countries..where a vast majority of population have little time from the usual hardships of living (and making ends meet) to think of taking swimming/gymnastics lessons.Also, the conditions for such training has got be much inferior in India/Pakistan as compared to the rich West.
                Also, the built/physique (or the lack of it) of the people from the subcontinent does not help in certain games like BasketBall

Comment

There was a really well discussed discussion of this on BBC few weeks ago.
                  Many people had explained that, the reason why we are really low in these sports is our, stamina, strength, endurance, etc.

Another factor is, our parents at a young age, tell us to be Engineers, Doctors, Lawyers, but never get that heart to heart encouragment in sports, unlike in the west.
                  They will tell you to study study study study.. while in the west, parents enrole their kids in activities all the time.

What type of activities are there in Pakistan? Cricket, basically.

You turn your TV on, and all you see is coverage of a cricket match, no other sports. So what would be children's first choice as a sport? Cricket.

Then on the turn side, athlethes know that the Government won't sponser them to go to such events, like the Olympics. For example, the Pakistani Hockey Team, is paying for their own hotel, food, in Sydney.
                  But in Cricket, the government sponsers tours to Australia.

Now who in their bloody mind would actually take up running in Pakistan??? Then the second factor is facilities, adequate coaching.

Man, I don't care if India win's a bronze medal in the Olympics. You know what that means? That's one step better, for us South Asians. At the moment we can't compete in the Olympics since both countries are helpless, we have to rely on one another, to show off to the 1st world white countries.

Haha, maybe.. If India starts doing extremely well in many sports. Pakistani's will wake up and realize there is something called Olympics. And thus, just so we can beat India, we will start to do good in the Olympics, just to beat them. But for now going to the olympic's is just for the hell of it.

1 billion people to 140 million, it doesn't matter. What about America compared to small Australia?
                  Why are we comparing with India and Pakistan? Chilli did give a good ideology of Japan, or hell we should compare Pakistan and Australia? Trust me, it's pathetic to compare India and Pakistan for Olympics, since both live in the same lifestyle, thinking, and favorites.

When will this big bang of Olympics hit South Asia? I dunno.. not till the Government's do something, it's hopeless. Both countries are reaching the bottom of the pits in each event, probably breaking worst done in each event world record.
                  Like I said before, our people are not as built in different ways as the other country folks.

Comment

It is very hard to compare the performance of India and Pakistan in Olympics. May be we should have our own Indo-Pak Olympics and compete head on with each other to find out who has better athletes. Other way is to compare how our athletes stood in Olympic games....61st versus 63rd position etc....or may be like one was last position and other one was last but one...

Queer yar, bronze was taken by a woman. I think it is very sharmnaaq isthiti for Indian males not something to be proud of. Not many Pakistani women participate in Olympics otherwise woh bhi aik aadha bronze jeet laitay...don't rub it on buddy

Comment

Paes-Bhupati lose!
                      now, the only hope for South Asia is Hockey...
                      there, India seem to be in a slightly better position than Pak.

Comment

oye chann ji,

i dont think it's a matter of shame that india's medal is thru a woman. remember p.t.usha? india never had a male athelete with such spirit. and i'm proud of her.
                        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by UMAIR316:
                          Dhir don't try to change the subject, my simple question was why does India has so few participants in the olyimpics, percentage
                          wise.

India= 1 Billion.
                          Pakistan= 146 million.

Simple ... we believe in quality not quantity ..... unlike you guys....

Comment

The reason why I was comparing the Indians to the pakistanis was because they both have poor sports facilities, people mostly are the same.
                            There should be no reason for me to compare Pakistan to Japan or Australia. Both of them are rich countries with wealthy government unlike the pakistanis.
                            India and Pakistan are two perfect countries to compare each other with.

Comment

Working...
                            X