Chess : Why India is better than Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chess : Why India is better than Pakistan

With one super grandmaster and 4 grandmasters, India is doing pretty well in chess. Do u attribute this recent success to coming up of Anand? There is no successor to Anand in sight though. I find Kunte boring.

Has it got something to do with BRAINS ?

Comment

no not related to brains..
      its just that pakistani's do not pay attention to such booring games...
      I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

>> its just that pakistani's do not pay attention to such booring games...

Considering that chess is attributed as having been originated from battlefield positioning and strategic maneuvers, they better change their minds on what's boring and what's not.

Comment

Its not India better than Pakistan in chess, its an individual game. So you can't compare the 2 countries.
          In the otherhand cricket is a team game, and you can compare the 2 countries on this.

------------------
          Thank you, come again

Comment

Pakistanis don't really play much chess - in fact i doubt there are many people who even know it exists. Still, if India is doing well then good luck to them.

Comment

Umair316 :
              Its not India better than Pakistan in chess, its an individual game. So you can't compare the 2 countries.
              In the otherhand cricket is a team game, and you can compare the 2 countries on this.
              --------------------------------------------

I cannot understand your logic brother.You are trying to run away from facts. Invidual games or team games its the sport that matters.And in this particular sport, Pak lags behind, lets face it. Even tennis is more or less an individual game and so is squash, billiards,badminton etc. If one person's achievements don't represent the country's, I doubt whether 11 people's does.

Comment

dosnt matter if its an individual game
                or at country level. and it doesnt matter too
                if we have a army who can defend Pakistan.
                but the fact is in some years we will not
                claim anymore if we will still equal game
                players for india.
                there are many other fields where india is
                making good progress, look at their
                computer industry and other technological
                fields. so let us work for our future,
                if we still want to be equal competitives.

Comment

ullu just for the knowledge would u plz name some of the players.

Comment

Anand who has FIDE rating 2762. He was the challenger for world championship to Kasparov last time. He lost. But is no. 2. He just won FIDE championship. In general he keeps winning tournaments. Aggressive player and particularly good at rapid chess.
                    The other Indian grandmasters are Sasikiran (rated 2573), kunte (2553), barua(2502) and thipsay (2453).
                    in women, india has no grandmaster, just one woman master recently, vijaylaxmi. or maybe more than one woman master, perhaps mrs. thipsay.. i donno.

[This message has been edited by ullu (edited September 13, 2000).]

Comment

I found that Vijayalakshmi has become grandmaster last month. but in women's chess China is doing very well.

Comment

Pakistan has a good team

Comment

Rom, how about Bara-Tehny? We beat India hands down.

Comment

Working...
                          X