NFL 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL 2000

I know that some of you cricket-following wussies actually watch/play some real sport like football once in a while . So, throw your comments at me about your favorite NFL teams. I am in a process of writing a kick ass preview, but need to know who actually likes and watches football.

Football is no where compared to Cricket. No on knows what American Football is outside U.S and Canada. In the other hand cricket is an international sport. Even though it's not a popular sport but it's still played by more than one country.
    I don't know who gave you the idea to compare cricket to football.
    Did you know 85% of football players have been to jail or have done a serious crime once in their life.

------------------
    Thank you, come again

Comment

Originally posted by UMAIR316:

Did you know 85% of football players have been to jail or have done a serious crime once in their life.
      Untrue. Unless you consider breaking Shari'ah a serious crime.

Comment

Arite, guys lets get to the topic. I wanna hear about your favorite teams. Personally, I like the Miami Dolphins, although they are are not talented enough this year to win the Super-Bowl.

Any comments on the Washington Redskins?

Comment

dude, dolphins are totally dead after no marino, the team to watch in florida is the jaguars(who beat the redskins the last time they played)...don't forget about the bucs, both teams made it to the semi finals and still have the potential...

college football wise, watch out for FSU but I think BAMA is a good contender too

Comment

The Dolphins? Are you kidding me? Not even close to the radar screen.

If you want good AFC teams, think the Titans and Colts. I'm a bit leary of the Jaguars, given their injury status, but I can't count
            out Brunell and his stud receivers. Even the Broncos should do well this - their QB is no longer a rookie.

The NFC is the Rams to take again - there's no reason why they can't scorch teams again this year. The Redskins and Bucs are the only other NFC teams with a chance.

Comment

people people calm down you know that San Francico 49ers rockthe washington Redskins play a little better.Miami Dolphins suck

Comment

Umair...granted NFL is a limited sport, but its watched in more countries than is cricket. And as for 85% footballers having been in jail, we can say something similary disgraceful about cricket as well. 95% of Pakistans cricket team has been involved in betting, or is accused of it. And amongst all of the 9 or 10 cricket playing countries, each country has some negativity surrounding it. Point being, bad seeds are every where. anyway....

Dolphins arent as bad as u guys are making them out to be. True, they dont have Marino, bbut they have a very decent defense, and a good defense has the ability to win games.
                I like the Buffalo Bills, coz i just like their name, and then of course, the Indy Colts. How can u count out Peyton Manning. Rams are not gonna be nearly as good as they were last year. The Redskins are a team to beat this year, and they will lose more because of their own shoddy defense than the other teams offense. I wouldnt rule the Jets out either, even though they have lost Parcells and Keyshawn.

Comment

The NFL regualr season kicked off with an electrifying start over the labor day weekend. Whether,it was the Dolphins' immaculate defence which secured a shut-out against the Seattle Seahawks or the Super-Bowl champs St-Louis Rams' high octane offence which despite Warner's two key interceptions in the fourth quarter managed a victory against the Mike Shanahan's Broncos, NFL fans got to enjoy some quality football overall. The best part of the Rams-Broncos matchup was to see Terrell Davis back in action who blew his knee in the beginning of 99-00 season.

I am a little concerned about the Dolphins offence. They had to settle for three field-goals on three subsequent trips to the 'red- zone'. However, the running game was firing on all cylinders with Lamar Smith running for over 160 yds, which was very impressive for any Fins' fan

Perhaps, the most emotional kick-off was observed at the Aerohead stadium when late Derrick Thomas was honored before the Chiefs and the Colts game. As, you might all know that DT, one of the all time leading defensive linemen, lost his life in an outo accident soon after the Super-Bowl. Colts definitely seems like solid contenders in the AFC.

All eyes are on the Washintgon Redskins this year, perhaps the most talented team in the NFL . Anything less than a Super-Bowl victory would not got down easily with any Redskins' fan. This team is definitely on the spot . They won a close one against the Panthers at RFK stadium. The most surprising team in the NFC was the Philadelphia Eagles who spoiled the party for the Dallas Cowboys by thrashing them 41-14 at Texas stadium. In the process Dallas lost its off season's most precious acquisation, Joe Galloway , for the season due to a torn ACL.

Any predictions for week No 2.???

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited September 06, 2000).]

Comment

Week 2 predictions...

Green Bay at Buffalo....I like Buffalo, cause of the fact that Buffalo is a younger team now, and i think Green Bay has lost its steam. Favre cant work solo magic any more. Hes playing injured, which is wrong, and perhaps will define how his future in football will hold out.

NY Giants at Philadelphia.....the Giants, more so because of Philadelphias ineptness rather than Giants expertise, even though the Giants are very very vibrant this year.

Washington at Detroit.....The only reason Detroit might score a couple of points is because they have home field in this one. otherwise, its Washington all the way in this one.

Game of the week.....Patriots at Jets. Cant decide who to pick, even though i believe the Pats have an edge, despite the Jets having home field in this one. But this should be perhaps one of the best Monday night matchups this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
                      Umair...granted NFL is a limited sport, but its watched in more countries than is cricket. And as for 85% footballers having been in jail, we can say something similary disgraceful about cricket as well. 95% of Pakistans cricket team has been involved in betting, or is accused of it. And amongst all of the 9 or 10 cricket playing countries, each country has some negativity surrounding it. Point being, bad seeds are every where. anyway....

Dear Akif bhai, are you comparing the match fixing in cricket to the murdering and raping done by football players?
                      What other countries watch football other than U.S, Canada and maybe Mexico. And countries watching rugby doesn't count because rugby is a way complicated sport than
                      American football. Even though criket isn't popular in North American continent but It's still a major sport in other continents. Even some countries in South America have begun to play cricket.

------------------
                      Thank you, come again

Comment

Even disregarding NFL Europe - the minor leagues for the NFL - over 80 countries watch the Super Bowl.

[This message has been edited by astrosfan (edited September 06, 2000).]

Comment

Umair...there is NFL Europe....a whole different league, that plays the same game, and then of course lots of asian countries, if not play, then at least watch football very intently. And cricket is a very very limited sport.
                          As for the comparisons of the crimes involved, there are different ways of looking at it. A rape is an individual crime, which, though henious, only affects that person himself, not the team or the game. Whereas betting, match fixing and bribery, with regards to Pakistan cricket, have a direct link to the game, and are destroying the integrity of the game.

Anyway, this is not to say that this proves NFL to be any better than cricket. I was only implying that negativity surrounds just about everything in this world, and at times, its just hard to compare, because of the nature of the negativity.

Comment

There is not International League for Football at the present time, but American Football is watched by many many people, and played too. Japanese, Australian's, Kiwi's, etc.. So you can't call American Football a International Sport yet.

Man Cricket is lame when it comes to countries. Half of cricket's population is from the Indian Subcontinent. Cricket's life is really on the line in the future

Oh and for the raping, cheating, Backstabbing your own country as a trator is a felony, and should be treated same way as rape.

[This message has been edited by Peoples Champ (edited September 06, 2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples Champ:
                              Japanese, Australian's, Kiwi's, etc.. So you can't call American Football a International Sport yet.

[This message has been edited by Peoples Champ (edited September 06, 2000).]

PC and Akif bhai, I said in my second post that rugby doesn't counts as American football, Australians and the Euorpeon countries play rugby.
                              Its true that there is an Euorpeon football league played in Euorope but it's not watched by many Euorpeons, if you look at the stadiums during football matches, they're empty. Plus all of the players who play in those matches are American football players.
                              P.S. I don't have anything against the game and I enjoy watching the game most of the times, mostly College football games.

------------------
                              Thank you, come again

Comment

Working...
                              X