NBA Shocker! Knicks trade Ewing to Sonics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBA Shocker! Knicks trade Ewing to Sonics

Well the rumors are turning out to be true, the big 4-way deal means Ewing is off to rainy Seattle. Pretty amazing when you think of it.

Patrick Ewing is and always will be a New York Knick, it's like one of those things that just fit in.

Like Gary Payton synonymous with Seattle, Reggie Miller with the Pacers; altering these arrangemenits just seem improper and almost way out of place. It'll be pretty weird watching him in a Sonics shirt, almost nostalgic.

It's all about business. I think Ewing should have retired after the 99-00 season. I don't think he has anymore gas left in his tank to deliver a high calliber performance . He might end up with the Sonics this year and with the Kings' the following. That's how the professional sport business works

Comment

You're right, he's an old fogey who's better off away from the court, and the fans made that pretty obvious to him in the last couple seasons.

But still, I have the feeling that if the Knicks find themselves in a tight playoff spot against Alonzo Mourning and co., they're gonna miss his presence.

Comment

Working...
      X