match fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

match fixing

what do you guys think ? do you think our players are guilty ?
    if they are, should they be punished?
    if you think they are not guilty then do you think that we need to forget the whole thing and get on with the game?
    i for one am quite fed up with the whole scandal.
    please let me know what you think.

I am fed-up as well and I think there is little truth in it if any. May be I am wrong and it is true still while watching a cricket match I have never felt that it is fixed. That is the reason why Wasim Akram is still my favourite cricketer. What if he confess some day that he is guilty I will be very sad but he will still remain my favurite cricketer because he has won more matches for Pakistan than anyone I do not think though that he is guilty I have some doubts about Salim Malik but am not sure. I really think we should forgive and forget because anyways to err is human. Even if oour players are guilty (I do not believe) they are better than Hansie Cronje He potrayed himself to be an honest and diciplened man now One can argue that he did that to hide his ill doings OOur players are better than him because no one expected Hansie to do a thing like that he is the one responsible for the present crisis not our players that is if we are ready to understand. Now people say it takes a man to own up still potraying him as a hero 80% of South-African's still want him back in the side Sports Writers are admiring him the only question I have here is had our players confessed wrong doing had we forgiven them or had they recieved same treatment as is recieved by the most evil son of cricket?

We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

i feel we should move ahead with the times and not get bogged down with this scandal but at the same time be cautious in the future. thats all we can do...
      I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

thanks rizwanfared,
        i think it is obvious that players from other countries are involved too, but our players get a rough deal from the pakistani supporters and general public.
        they seem to have decided to be the judge and jury and passed the sentance without any concrete evidence.
        remember that these are the same players that won the world cup in 1992, so what if we did'nt win this time round at least we got to the final thanks to our boys.
        they have since proved to us they still are the best, it is not always possible to win sometimes you have to lose, after all its only a game not war!
        its only a matter of time when we show the world what is 'Paki Power'.

WE HAVE SO MUCH TALENT IN PAKISTAN AND I FOR ONE AM 'PROUD TO BE A PAKISTANI'.

Comment

I think there is definately something to all these allegations - there is rarely smoke without fire. I think Pakistani players, along with many other players from aroudn the world - of all nationalities - are involved.

At present no proper investigation can take place because each individual country has an axe to grind. Perhaps the International Cricket Council (ICC) should appoint an international committee of legal experts from non-cricket playing nations. For example, a panel of French, American and German investigators would have no particular prejudice because neither of their nations are cricket playing. Only then can we hope to get to the bottom of this cancer in our game. I think all players found guilty should be made an example of.

Comment

thanks godfather,
            i don't think that would work in reality because,although these countries are neutral countries, they could make decisions some countries may not like and they would be accused of being racist.
            we need to forget the past but monitor our players old and young alike in the future so that they do not fall prey to outside influences.
            kishver niazi

Comment

dear fantastic1,
              i agree with what you said, except for the comment you made about salim malik.
              if he is guilty then thats between him and god, the players that he offered money to would not have been forced by him to throw matches.they were all greedy and salim is therefore not the only one o blame.
              yes wasim is one of the best players in the world and still has so much to offer, so come on guys lets support them 100%.
              PAKISTAN ZINDABAD.

Comment

I do believe that the decision awarded in Salim's case is unjustified There is no evidence in his case either. I am not sure if he is guilty or guilty to the extent he is said to be.
                We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Hey there's a full dot com site about it!
                  Its ShameonCricket.com

Comment

Working...
                  X