Waqar Younus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waqar Younus

is appointed as captain for the Singapore Cricket cup and his deputy will be young Azhar Mahmood.

Seems to be a reward from PCB after ball tampering incident.

[This message has been edited by mansoor (edited August 13, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by mansoor (edited August 13, 2000).]

Smart choice from PCB to make Waqar the Captain. Saqlain would have been a better choice for Vice Captainship, but it doesn't really matter.

------------------
    Thank you, come again

Comment

It was always believed when somebody was ever suddenly made captain , that day was the start of the disaster of his career . But lets hope good since the PCB chief exutive is somebody else now , anyways its a very good move showing other teams we have same respect for the player and he will now give the same performance without being caught doing ball tampering

Comment

Waqar was the best choice in the context of the situation the team is in. With Moin, Inzi and Saqlain out, the only other choices were Anwar and Ijaz.

Anwar himself has wisely decided to concentrate only on his batting from now on. Ijaz'a inclusion was itself a tricky decision, making him captn would have caused quite a mess.

Waqar is quite a capable leader by himself, having led domestic teams very well.

Comment

I think this is Waqar's big chance to show off to Wasim Akram that he too can be a good captain (although it's only for this one little tornament).

Besides, Waqar did really well for Redco Pakistan Ltd. as captain. He led the team to the Tissot Cup Final which lost to PIA.
          But otherwise, good choice for captain.

You realize this is only for one tornament, and well it doesn't matter who the vice is. But Saqlain would have done a nice choice although he's in England. Ijaz is a flop and I hope he gets out on a duck.

Comment

Champ,

I think Waqar and Wasim are back on friendly terms now, so it's not a question of 'showing' anything to him. Not in a very negative way anyway.

Rather he can show the board and the country that his leadership qualities are reliable, and that he can be called for back-up in the future.

He's won a Test as captain sometime in 93 as well.

Comment

waqar younis is not a very good selection for captain as per my opinion he doesn't really deserve for many reasons,i think azhar mehmood wud have been a better choice.

Comment

Ajju would have had trouble drawing support from seniors and i guess it good that they have him as vice.

But i think in about 5 years i see saqqi dada as paki skipper. HE ROCKS

Comment

I think patan bhai assu would have made a good captain, but in the next few years after he beats Inzi in running between the wickets.

What about Ijaz, I think he needed a trial at captaincy and if he lost us the game I am sure he would have been kicked out of Paki cricket team.

Comment

Waqar Younis can probably be a good captain but he will loose concentration on his bowling and he is the teams best bowler in this tournament so I don't know if it's a good idea.

------------------
                    Thank you, come again

Comment

Why not make Afridi the captain and the vice should have been Hasan Raza...I think it is time the oyung guns took things in there hands, the oldies are getting too old...Don't oyu think so Patan Bhai of Khakatoo.

Comment

I think the boraywala express is the smart choice of PCB. but the fact is that Waqar is the student of Waseem as Waseem was of Great Khan, the thing they are passing is the experiance of handling the boys...

Lets see what happened in spore but you better give them a chance for few months coz they need some appreciation which is the best key to get some thing...

Comment

Peoples champ Why you guys drag Wasim in everything. What happened in 1994 was Waqar's fault he was the one who broke the rules. Wasim Akram has nerver said that Waqar can not be a good captain
                          We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Working...
                          X