India pull out of Sahara Cup over Kashmir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India pull out of Sahara Cup over Kashmir

India has pulled out of the Sahara Cup cricket series against Pakistan in Toronto next month for the second year in a row following a spate of killings in Kashmir, the Press Trust of India (PTI) reported on Thursday.

The news agency quoted Sports Minister Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa as saying that India would not take part so long as Pakistan encouraged cross-border killings in Kashmir, over which the two neighbours are locked in a dispute.

Pakistan denies the charge and says it provides only moral and diplomatic support to the decade-old separatist rebellion in Jammu and Kashmir, India's only Moslem-majority state.

Senior Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) official Sharad Diwadkar told Reuters by telephone that India had agreed to participate this year after pulling out last year, but the move was subject to government approval.

``It is always subject to government clearance. This (the decision to pull out) means the Indian team cannot go to Toronto,'' he said.

India and Pakistan were scheduled to play five one-day matches from September 9 to 17.

The first three Sahara Cups were played from 1996 to 1998 but the series was not held last year following a 10-week border clash in Kashmir.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any excuse these cowards can find to save themselves from the humiliation of a thrashing at the hands of the Pak cricket team.

wellwe all know why they chcikened out dont we.. well ofcourse there scared and they know it!!!
    I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

Excuses Excuses!

------------------
      Thank you, come again

Comment

The Indian cricket board does it once again.
        The humiliation of losing to Pakistan is commonplace, but is cause for extra embrassment if the repeated losses occur in a newly-developing ICC cricket region.

Comment

funniest thing i ever read. you show me a time period when pakistanis are not killing indians in kashmir and I'll show you a smart indian. these indians really need a mental institution.

Comment

India should not play Pakistan as long as Pakistan extends moral and diplomatic support only to terrorism

Comment

no you indians are just PUSSIES.

Comment

if you can tell me what's wrong with terrorism then ill show you an episode of three's company where there is no misunderstanding.

Comment

Games should be above politics!

------------------

Comment

Sports and politics are two different things. Indians are scared to lose and that is the only reason they are not going to Canada. They would not come to Pakistan in 2001 because losing here would be an even bigger humilation. But they must realise losing a cricket match is not a humilation running away like chiskens is. I hope they do visit our contry next year.
                    We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Providing moral support is not terrorism, killing innocent people and raping women is. So get a life.

Comment

Indian Cricket Board Scared...
                        No more to say...

------------------
                        Majid M. Alam
                        Dr.Web

Comment

Working...
                        X