Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket

While watching the match between England and West Indies yesterday the thought came to my mind that cricket is dying. There are three competitive teams left Pakistan Australia and South-Africa. Out of which SA is finding life difficult after Hansie. Pakistan team's future at least in my opinion is uncertain. Australia is the only team that has abundance of players to take the place of seniors. All the other teams well you know there position. There are no superstars on the horizon. No one like Imran Khan or Wasim Akram or Hadlee is on the horizon. I am not saying that there are no good players but definately there is lack of real good fast bowlers lack of superstars. Yes you can argue that teams can win without superstars but every sport must have some players that can fit into the category. What do you think? What after Wasim Akram Waqar Younis, Walsh and Ambrose. Do you think Razzaqs and Kings can fit into the same category well I do not there is already lack of good batsmen so what is the future of the game I love. Sorry for the long post.
    We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

I exactly know what are you talking about.
    Australia right now is the only dominant team in cricket. Westindies and England's playing status has been droped, India who is not looking well either nowdays and South Africa is doing preety well but not like how they used to be. Srilankans are doing preety well nowdays and Pakistan is doing well but not too good. The best time for cricket was in early 90s, where South Africa made it's debut and were doing brilliant and Pakistan was the best team back then and Westindies was a really dangerous opponent.

------------------
    Thank you, come again

Comment

so the point is what is the future of the game. You are right early nintees was the best period for cricket but what next? what is resoponsible for the state of the game?
      We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Working...
      X