Singapore Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singapore Challenge

Four main players Waseem, Moin, Inzi and Saeed Anwer are not playing in Singapore Challenge Tri nation.

Who are we playing against?
    And who is going to be the new captain?

Comment

Who is going to be the captain, this only cricket board will decide. Pakistan, New Zealand and South Africa are the nations in this tournament.

Comment

If we win the cup it'll b a miracle. I guess the cricket board is taking very big chances this time.

Comment

It's okay if Wasim isn't playing. I mean it's a good move to search for his successor. And this way, he can concentrate on the test cricket. But what about the other three? They are absolutely essential. Plus, they are able to play for at least 4 years from now. Why rest them?

Comment

Ijaz had the best record in last3-4 years in one days and Test matches. He is always ignored eveen after performing better than other teammates. I thing Gen. Tauqir doesnot like him. He should be included.
            Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

I gotta go with Tauqir Zia on that one. I myself don't like him either, he has been playing on the Pakistani side for a long time and for the past couple of ODI series, he has been pitful. He did terrible in the World Cup and he was even worse in the Carlton and United Series in Australia.
              Plus he was involed in that match fixing situaton in the match against Bangladesh in the World Cup with Wasim Akram.
              Plus he is replaced by Younis Khan who is a great young batsman.

------------------
              Thank you, come again

Comment

Umair I do not agree with you. I may not like Ijaz but it is wrong to say that he should not be in the team because of his involvement in fixing the game against Bangladesh. His name was not mentioned in the Qayum report and also no body has proof that the BD game was actually fixed.
                We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

So you actually thought that Pakistan lost to Bangladesh for real, C'mon yaar, how can Bangladesh beat Pakistan.

------------------
                  Thank you, come again

Comment

C'mon Umair,
                    Anything can happen yaar.
                    Zimbabwe is the topper among the three teams in England!
                    Kenya beat WI in the Cup'96.
                    Zims beat Ausies in the Cup'83.
                    Sampras lost to Krajicek in Wimbledon'96.
                    Brazil lost to France in 1998.
                    Steffi lost to McNeil in 1994/95.
                    Kasparov beat Karpov in 1985.
                    South Africa make the semis in 92 after starting to play in 91.

Comment

Ijaz was better than any other player in Australia last year in One days and Test matches. You can check the record. he is a stoke player and u cant expect score from stoke player in every match. pakistan have only Yousaf Youhana the consistant batsman of any class. rest r all hitters. I would go for Ijaz.
                      Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Umair England lost to Zimbabwe in the 1992 world cup West Indies lost to Kenya in the 1996 world cup South Africa lost to Zimbabwe in 1999 wc. Whether the match was fixed or not you can not keep Ijaz out for that reason. In my opinion anything can happen in a cricket match and its the very uncertainity of the game due to which I love it and the whole fixing saga (at the depth or to the extent of which I have serious doubts} is interfering into the reason why many people like the game. I never while watching a match felt that it was fixed and what ever the result of the Q inquiry is it has made one thing certain match-fixing never took place to the extent it was potrayed by the media. You can have your own opinion but this is what I think.
                        We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Working...
                        X