Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan lost vs SA, why?

Hello there!
    Pakistan lost against South Africa and are out of the "Singer Triagular Series 2000".
    And the most disturbing thing is that they lost all the matches in the series!
    What is the reason?

Because of Wasim Akram absence, Pakistan needs him.

Comment

I agree with Mansoor we do need Wasim all experts agree. The commentators repeatidly raised the issue during the tournament. Only Tauqir Zia do not agree.
      We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Our team lost because they don't have any good bowlers except Razzaq.Also the umpires played their role in defeating Pakistan.Our fielding is also not of that much standard.

Comment

Wasim is a star player and all teams suffer without their star player especially when others are not giving thier best.BUT you cannot go on relying on just a couple of players.you have to build a team,and I think the board realizes that but what I donot understand is that why play 3 spinners??
          Also we are not just missing wasim but also other pace bowlers.

Comment

Waqar was also not allowed to play by Tauqir Zia as a diciplinary action. I am not saying that we can always rely on Wasim but we do not have any sauitable replacement yet. Our much talked about bowling attack look almost colorless without him. We need the guy and play him as long as he can. But I am not sure if this will happen.

Comment

Bad patch..... no other reason!
              Pakis are playing for more than an year now, without a break. Players are humans, yaar! They need to recharge their batteries.
              When will the Pak & Indian boards understand this?

Comment

Never I guess. Players are blammed that they go after the money what about the boards and the officials?

Comment

fantastic1,elegancia,
                  U 2 have a point.I would agree that our team is tired right now.

Comment

Hey Ahmad, as you say that a major reason was Wasim Akram's absence, ok, now let's consider that: till when will we rely on the older player(s) in the team, because Wasim will leave the team in a year or two.
                    And Waqar too will not continue for long either, both will probably leave the team in a year or two, what will we do then?
                    Tauqir Zia's been saying that he's trying to make a team for the 2003 World Cup, now if we keep in relying on Wasim & Waqar even now, it'd be a little difficult to be hopeful for Pakistan in 2003!

Comment

Working...
                    X