Will Walsh Retire before 500 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Walsh Retire before 500 ???

It looks like that Ambrose will call it quits after the England test series but do you guys think that Walsh will retire before he gets 500 wickets?

It just maybe that his 500 wickets come in England. There are mathematically 80 more wickets to fall for England before the end of the test series this summer and Walsh took 8/20 in the first test (40%). Also if you remmeber, he took 6 wickets in the final test against Pakistan.

With already 457 wickets down, whats the possibility that he will retire before 500?

Let me know your input on this guys...thanks!

The way England is batting it is a possibility. But if he will not do it in England he would not probably retire before taking his 500th wicket. Hope Wasim will play long enough to break his record.
    We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

I am sure Walsh'll reach the 500 mark or alteast close to 500 wickets... how bout Akram ??? u guys think that he can take 500 wickets in test ????

Comment

I'm sure that Walsh will reach 500.Also i'm sure that Wasim won't.

Comment

I know Wasim would not but there is nothing wrong in hoping. Just might be.
          We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Walsh is play quite well, and he is in good form. I donít thing he will retire after England tour. I think he will get to 500. If not then definitely 480+.

Wasim will he, wonít he get 500 test wickets. His four years younger then Walsh. Lets just say Wasim play till his 37 years old. Then he will have four years to get 94 wickets. Thatís 24 wickets in a year.

I honestly think if he stays fit and in good form, then 500 wickets isnít a problem.

Comment

Another thing with wasim is that he has missed a lot of tests thru county committment and now that he is not playing county cricket in england, he has more time to play for pakistan. All he needs to do is stay fit & not get

Comment

It is ironic HomiD that wasim owes his 400 wickets to the bribery/match fixing scandal.Because he was not planning to go to srilanka but instead join the commentary team for international cricket going on in England,but after Hansie gate and Qayyum report and all he had to give that up and instead made himself available for SL tour at the last moment.He would other wise still have been on 398.

Comment

Wasim & Courtney both are going bonkers at this moment!
                  While Walsh is claiming most of the wickets for WI, Wasim is doing the same for Pak in last 3 matches!
                  It'll be interesting to see the race.
                  Wasim has to keep the difference as low as possible. About 50 wickets divide them now. If the difference is below 40 when Walsh retires, then Wasim has got a realistic chance.

Comment

You are right Ahmed. That was his plan and just cuz of the bribery scandal he was released from his commentary contract and look at the fame he has achieved cuz of that. Already has 9 test wickets (becoming the 4th bowler in history with over 400 wickets & also got one test century & one test fifty on top of that he was named man-of-the match in both the tests. So he has got things going for himself at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X