Razzaq, 20, youngest to claim test hat-trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razzaq, 20, youngest to claim test hat-trick

Abdur Razzaq became the youngest player to claim a test match hat-trick as the last six Sri Lanka wickets tumbled for just 18 runs in the second test against Pakistan on Wednesday.

Medium pacer Razzaq, 20, took the wickets of Romesh Kaluwitharana for four, Rangana Herath and Ravindra Pushpakumara.

He became only the second Pakistani bowler to achieve the feat after Wasim Akram who has claimed hat-tricks twice against Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka, 153 for four at tea, were all out for 181 on the opening day.

The Sri Lankan innings fell apart after the 116-run fifth wicket partnership between Mahela Jayawardene and Arjuna Ranatunga had been broken. Jayawardene made 72 and Ranatunga 51.

Earlier, Waqar Younis had ripped through the top order, claiming the scalps of Marvan Aapattu for one, Russel Arnold for five and Aravinda de Silva for four to reduce Sri Lanka to 47 for four.

Wasim Akram chipped in with the wicket of Sanath Jayasuriya.

I guess Pakistan is getting them back for they did to them in Pakistan.

Comment

Go Razzaq!!!
      He is a brilliant all-rounder and along with Azhar mahmood the back bone of future pak squads.Now if we could only get some good consistent batsmen...

Comment

R U sure he is 20 ?

(How come people in Pak never seem to grow up ??)

Comment

yup, razzak is 20. some1, show some sportsmanship at least in sports.

Comment

Razzak is a fantastic cricketer and his hat-trick was an absolut treat to watch!i pray that he keeps getting success in the future.And some1, Razzak is 20 years old.I wouldn't be so sure of Shahid Afridi's age though.

Comment

yea...razzaq has consistently proven to be a very god all rounder since he has joined the squad...good for pak's middle order batting as well, and he's proven himself at bowling

Comment

I agree with you Bilalfqi, they say he's only 19 years old but he's been playing ODI matches for quite sometime.

Comment

Pakistan has repeatedly put in young players in the national squad if they do well they stay if not they are booted out. Imran nazir is still a teenager.Yonus khan is also quiet young.

[This message has been edited by Tiberiansun (edited June 22, 2000).]

Comment

An excellent cricketer. I couldn't forget his 5 continues 4's in the over of the world class bowler McGrath.
                    Keep it up champ!!!!!!!!!!1
                    It is my belief that our salvation lies in following the golden rules of conduct set for us by our great law-giver, the Prophet of Islam. (Quaid-e-Azam Speech at Shahi Darbar, Sibi, February 14, 1948)

Comment

Abdur Bhai is the best man!!
                      Watch out, one day he will beat Wasim Akram's records. Hats off to him and the rest of the team for playing good.

Comment

Hezzzzzzzzzzz an EXCELLENT all-rounder..and his bowling! WAH!

He'll be da grrrrrrrreatest cricketer in in no time!

Toooo goooooood.........superb player......gonna hava exciting future coz hezzzzz still so young!

*hana*

------------------
                        *~Jeeve Jeeve Pakistan~*
                        *hana*

Comment

It was good to see Abdur Razzak credit Wasim Akram for his hat-trick. Shows the respect he has for Wasim and also shows how much team work is going on these days and how its paying off now. Pak 2-0 so far...1 more test to go for a white wash.

Comment

Working...
                          X