Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of India's and Pakistan's matches are fixed

Most of India's and Pakistan's matches are fixed , says Rashid Latif

New Delhi: Former Pakistani skipper Rashid Latif has shown interest to be a part of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) inquiry into alleged match-fixing by Indian players.

In an interview to a television channel, Latif said he was ready to come to India if the CBI called him. "If called by the CBI, I will ask the Pakistan government and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for permission," he said.

"Most of the matches played by India are fixed," Rashid claimed during the telephonic interview and blamed four to five top players for the wrongdoing. He, however, refused to mention any names fearing legal action due to lack of evidence.

Latif, who was the first international cricketer to come up with allegations of match-fixing, said all Test playing nations are involved in match-fixing and asked the Australian Cricket Board (ACB) to hold an inquiry into the conduct of the players, who were allegedly involved in such wrongdoings.

He claimed the Pakistani team was fixing matches even after the Qayyam report following which life ban was imposed on former skipper Salim Malik and Ata-Ur-Rehman, while some others including Wasim Akram were let off with fines.

Meanwhile, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sleuths continued to be on the trail of bookie Mukesh Gupta ,who was named by deposed South African skipper Hansie Cronje as the person introduced to him by former captain Azharuddin.

Gupta remained elusive for the fourth day on Monday from his jewellery shop in south extension and his residence in Defence Colony in South Delhi.

I think Rashid has said and done enough. It is better fr him and Pakistan that he stop indulging into further cntroversies. As far as I am concerned Pakistan is over with Match-fixing cntroversy. The sooner we stop talking and thinking about it the better it is.
    We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Working...
    X