Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Double Record Time Again!

Good News!
    Star pakistani fast bowler Waqar Younis has just achieved a historic double of having 300 wickets in both one days and test matches.He has achieved his 300th test wicket in his 65th test match.And he is only the 2nd bowler in entire cricket history after Wasim Akram to have achieved this milestone.He reached this when he took the last wicket of srilankan innings in the on going pak Vs.SL test match.Another milestone that would probably be achieved during this test match is that Wasim Akram himself will reach the historic double of having 400 test wickets in both one days and test matches.He will be the 1st in cricket history to have achieved this.He was also the first to achieve the double of 300 wickets,(now joined by Waqar Younis).
    Wasim has reached from 398 wickets to 399 during the srilankan innings.He already has 427 wickets in one days.This Guys lead me to ask,Has there been any greater bowler in the current decade than these two???
    These records of double 300(let alone double 400) would not be broken/achieved by any other bowler from any country for a decade yet,and in my opinion 2 decades!!
    So what do you think?
    Has there been a greater bowler than these two in the current decade?

[This message has been edited by Ahmed (edited June 15, 2000).]

yes Ahmad you are right but who cares Pakistanis do not let a single oppurtunity go waste to accuse both specially Wasim. Tomorrow's newspapers around the world may be filled with his deal with the bookmakers that he will not take his 400th wicket in the 1st innings. Anyway best of luck for him.
    We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

yes Ahmad you are right but who cares Pakistanis do not let a single oppurtunity go waste to accuse both specially Wasim. Tomorrow's newspapers around the world may be filled with his deal with the bookmakers that he will not take his 400th wicket in the 1st innings. Anyway best of luck for him.

Comment

I think fantastic1 that that is not fair to say.The allegations were not entirely without basis but I think for one thing that does not reduce his greatness as the best fast bowler of the age.
        Tommorow's papers will probably only praise him and waqar at what great bowlers pakistan is lucky to have,which is undoubtful.

Comment

What the allegations are based on hearsay. Have you read the full text of Qayum report. Particularly the chapter about Wasim Akram, there is nothing in it. All allegations are based on circumstantial evidence. While holding some things as true others have totally been ignored by the accusers and the newspaper peple. One example that I can give here is that in the match against Sri Lanka (the Glden Jubilee Quardrangular) in which Wasim is blammedd to have promoted himself above Azhar and Moin to stop the progress of the team, Javaid sitting in the Commentary box was saying the same even before Inzamam got out. Wasim came in after Inzi got out. I have a lot of more circumstantial evidence as compared to those that accuse him. Because of my own knowledge I do not believe these allegations to be true.

Comment

"Javaid sitting in the Commentary box was saying the same even before Inzamam got
            out. Wasim came in after Inzi got out."

Who is javaid fantastic1?
            And do you think of wasim akram as a great bowler or not?I do.This is what this thread is about and not about any match-fixing/bribery thing at all.So let's not deviate.

[This message has been edited by Ahmed (edited June 16, 2000).]

Comment

Javaid is Javaid Miandad

Comment

Well now Wasim Akram has also reached 400 test wickets.So he now has the double of test and one day 400 wickets.Only bowler ever to achieve that.

Comment

Working...
                X