Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classis Pak Collapse Again!!!!

This is the latest position of the Pak/India match at sharjah:
    In the past few minutes pak has gone from 108/3 to 110/6.A classic pak collapse.

[This message has been edited by Ahmed (edited March 23, 2000).]

You said it best - classic collapse.

Pakistan need a batsman like Rahul Dravid.
    Granted Dravid isent playing too good right now but he's still a technically sound player. And a stable player. Pakistan
    need someone like that to hold an innings
    together.

Saeed Anwar was obviously missed - You
    cant replace a player like him. But Pak would've been better off with Aamir Sohail
    in the side playing either as an opener
    or one drop. He can bowl as well. And he's
    far more consistent that "One ball wonder -Afridi".

Khair, good luck to the Pakistanis.

------------------

Laterz,
    ManiaX.

Comment

well paki lost but never the less the chaces r still up for grabs and by winning comprehensively tonight they can overtake now only indian but SA too!

the question is will they bat sensibly this time or not!

for god sakes we played with 6 front batters still not able to do the job!!!

either Aamie SOhail or players like Asif Mujtaba come in the enquation now who can sort of feed strike to these "BIG HITTERS"

And Mania i think Afridi is proving himself to be more then one ball wonder. He is coming of age and u watch he will be a match winner under miandad's coaching.

GO paki GO
      we r at your back

cheers
      Pathaanaa

Comment

we are better of with out Afridi
        when is gonna prove himself as a match winner dreamer . Hopelessssss!!!!!!!!111

Comment

I think we should start a sack Afridi movement. Today against SA he has again shown what a pathetic batsman he is.

Comment

Yes, Afridi should be sacked!
            I think Pakistan is missing Anwar.
            Anybody knows why Azhar Mahmood is not there?
            Anyway, as far as I know, Pak was going steady against SA; though a little slower than expected. But with more wickets in hand, they can accelerate in the end.

Comment

Azhar, Saqlain and Saeed are all in England for medical treatment.

Comment

Afridi's dismissal was one of the most irresponsible adrenaline rushes I have ever seen. A standard rubbish ball from prasad, just outside off stump, and he swings with with an open face, trying a skyward stunt. It was his first ball, and he played it pathetically.

Comment

I AGREE SHAHID ALFRIDI SHOULD BE SACKED. HE IS PATHETIC.TRYING TO SLOG EVERY BALL WITHOUT PLAYING HIMSELF IN. (SLIGHTLY BETTER PERFORMANCE AGAINST S.A. THAN THE ONE AGAINST INDIA THOUGH)

Comment

S. Afridi should be dropped only whilst playing against India because his records are very bad against India; he is over confident, that's how he looses his wicket.

Comment

asalamalaikum every 1
                      i have noticed that all the talk seem to be on shahid afridi.. well let me make it clear that every player has bad days and shahid afridi is no exception.. he was playing prettyy good i thought against the sri-lankans and its just a matter of time before he finds his ryhem again.. we need to take risks such as having shahid afridi in the team becoz some times it pays off to have a player like him who can contribute with the bat aswell as with the ball.. his bowling was pretty good against srilanka... he always managed to get wickets at important times...
                      inshallah he will mature and its not his fault of hitting out at balls.. thats the whole point of having him in the team to hit out and not to be afraid.. to be a true warrior..
                      ok
                      allah hafiz all
                      I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

I think we have to see Afridi is in the team for what?
                        He is a part time bowler so if he doesn't bat well he shouldn't be there in the team.
                        He is there as an opener and he fails almost everytime.So acc to this too he should not be there in te team.
                        If any1 says that he is much better at no.7 or 8 for hitting.So for that he should be a regular bowler.which he is not.(he can break partnerships but that doesn't make him a regular bowler)So acc to this point too he should be dropped.
                        I'm not saying that Afridi is a very bad player but he is not that good either.
                        The first 11 should be the best 11 in Pakistan.
                        I'm sure that with the success of those youngsters afridi will lose his place in the team when Saeed returns.But I think he should be dropped now and selectors should try some other new players like Imran abbas,
                        faisal iqbal.They are good and can be groomed further.They are good fielders too(like afridi)So instead of forcing and moulding afridi into a batsman we should try
                        some youngsters who we know have a good bat.
                        Or if we don't want to include too many youngsters we can have some old boys back like aamir(a useful off-spinner,patnership breaker and many a times used as regular bowler),Asif Mujtaba(who can provide a good middle order batting and some spin bowling)
                        ,Basit ali and a no of others.If some of them are not good enough but I'm sure that they are better than Afridi is!
                        And hey guyz the last thing younis khan is a good young discovery but What do you think about Imran yaar! He's reeeaallly goood!
                        Such a perfect,sweet natural timer of the ball and a good hitter too.
                        And sorry im again posting a long reply.

Comment

Working...
                        X