Austrailian Grand-Prix: A Shumacher Family Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austrailian Grand-Prix: A Shumacher Family Event

Well, Ferrari got the start it needed with a 1-2 finish at the Austrailian Grand-Prix. Ferrari engineers can also breath a little easy as the new F399 was flawless. However, the mood was more somber at the Mclaren-Mercedes', Ferrari's arch rival, pit-garage as both Mclarens failed to finish the race due to mechanical malfunction.

It was kinda little emotional and heartwarming to see Michael performing at his peak , and all those Ferrari flags waving at the conclusion of the race.
    Jaguar's F1 debut race was also the disappointing one, it was plagued with gear-box problems the whole grand-prix weekend. Irivine and Herbert didn't finish the race as well.

Williams-BMW couldn't be more please with the outcome of the race .Ralph Shumacher was spectacular and finished third.

Canadians can be pleased as Jacques Villenue finished fourth, remmember that 97'F1 champion failed to pick up any points last season.

So, after the first grand-prix of the season here are the standings.

DRIVER TEAM POINTS

Michael Shumacher Ferrari 10

Rubens Barachello Ferrari 6

Ralph Shumacher Williams-BMW 4

Jacques Villenue BAR 3

Giancarlo Fisichella Benneton 2

Ricardo Zonta* BAR 1

*Finshed 7th but was promoted to 6th after Mika Salo was disqualified due to breach on the car.

F1 next stop Sao-Paulo Brazil; Brazilain Grand-Prix on the 26th of March. Have fun

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited March 13, 2000).]

It was nice to see Shcu winning after a long long time but after MacLaren got busted there was n't really any contest I think . Shumachers victory was quite predictable after that . what you reckon . I am a MacLaren supporter basically but Ferri has really come up with a good machine . No doubt about that .

Comment

I agree that the race was pretty much one sided after Mclarens' breakdown. I think Shue
      wanted Mclaren presence in the race and win it on 'neck-to-neck' bases. F399 performance was impressive.

Comment

Yes and he said that in the speech as well . Let's see how they go in the future

Comment

definitely, I am lookin' forward to a long and exciting season. What do you think about BAR's performance? I think this team might be the biggest surprise of this season, especially with the new Honda engines.

Comment

the season has just begun. McLaren usually is fairly quick to iron out any tech probs with the cars. Some of the newcomers may be able to polish up their cars in the coming races. Hopefully it sooner rather than later so we can enjoy some tough races.

Anyone headed to canadian grans prix?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I think McLaren has always been a superior team in terms of technical experties. Whether it was Mclaren-Porcshe or Mclaren-Honda in the late eighties, Ferrari always has had a tough time matching up with them. However, there is one thing which is undoubtful; Ferrari's reliability on the racing track.

Ferrari also made significant changes in the aerodynamics of the car, thanx in-part to their new wind tunnel. So, I think both championships will be hard fought contests as always the case in F1. But at the end , Ferrari's off season improvements will pay off and will win both, Constructor's and Driver's , Championships.

Fraudia, I'll be going to the Canadian Grand-prix,how'bout you?

Comment

outlaw

where and how can i get tix? I went in 95 but a pal of mine was incharge of getting the tickets and all. When will they be sold, how can I buy them and how much.

I have a small group thats wants to go. So hopefully we could do it.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Gold and most of the Silver stand are sold out, however there seems to be some good seats left on Bronze# 22 section, price is decent as well, check it out..
                  http://www.grandprix.ca

lemme know what ya' think..

Comment

Yes, i think the McLarens will come back soon. But still, the Ferrari has got a big start (16 pts.) over them & its really very difficult to close down. So Ferrari is the favourite to win the constructors' championship.
                    In my opinion, the driver to watch for this season is 'Schue-the-junior'

Comment

I thought the Aus Grand Prix was one of the best in recent memory to be honest.
                      Even if Hakkinen and Coulthard had not dropped out, Schumacher would have passed them both in the pits. The 2000 Ferrari seems to be the best of the lot, even better than the Mclarens. But what remains to be seen is how Barrichelo deals with the rest of the season..I frankly dont think he's good enough to compete with Hakkinen and even Coulthard for that matter. Ralf Schumacher was impressive as always, and interestingly enough...the Arrows went quicker than the Benetton and the Prost. Thats great news for the team even though they did not finish the race.

Comment

Thanks for your interesting comments guys . I think Rubens Barachello has blended with Ferrari team just fine. Actually, I think the Shue and Barachello combo is more stronger than the last year's one.
                        Enjoy the F1 season.. Brazilian Grand-Prix in exactly seven days...

Comment

outlaw and other friends,
                          what do ya predict about the outcome of the Brazilian grand prix? will the Schu-Barichello combination work as smoothly as it did the last time? if it does, then surely the constructor's trophy is going to be Ferrari's once again.
                          bye the way, does anybody can get hold of 'the sportstar'(25th march issue)? it contains a wonderful poster of Schumacher with his new-look amchine.

------------------
                          There is no way to happiness.
                          Happiness is the way....

Comment

Jacque Villeneuve might be going to McLearn Next season
                            anyone heared that?

Comment

Working...
                            X