Formula One Racing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formula One Racing.

I am just wondering if there are any F1 racing fans on this forum. I'ld like to discuss the upcoming F1 season, starting from March 20th.

I'd love to discuss F1 !
    please go ahead.
    Actually I did post one or two threads in the past; but they died due to lack of response!

Comment

F1 rocks. I have full plans to go to the Canadian Grand Prix this year. Ready for race analysis as soon as the season hits

btw, I am searching for a scale model of the Lotus car the Senna drove in early 80's, its the black one with JPS logo on it. any hints where to find it?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Any NASCAR fans? besides me?

Comment

Absolutely. F1 rocks. This season should be great..If Schumacher doesent win the title this year, you can bet he'll be leaving Ferrari.

------------------

Laterz,
          ManiaX.

Comment

Absolutely. This season promises a lot than at the beginning of 99. The rise of Hakkinen, and Eddie Irvine's color and antics added much boost to a declining image. Ever since the days of the Schumacher-Damon Hill-Villeneuve rivalry.

Speaking of which, those 3 have definitely had a nosedive. Hill's hardly interested anymore, Schumacher can't decide his allegiance and for Villeneuve's own sake I hope he can at least get more than 5 starts!

Comment

btw, under who is Villeneuve racing this season?

Comment

I'ld like to make a little correction; season begins March 12 with the Austrailian Grand-Prix instead of March 20.

This season is definitely going to be one of the most exciting seasons. First of all Formula One returns to the Indianappollis Speed-way after nine years of abscence.

Jaguar has teamed up with team Stewart and will make it's debut under the Stewart-Jaguar logo. Eddie Irvine , who signed after the last season, will be their No.1 driver backed by Johnny Herbert. Irvine had a stellar last season and this team will definitely make it's impact despite a brand new look.
                The other team I am really excited about is Williams-BMW. Williams made a switch to BMW engines ,this season ,from Mechachrome. Their
                No.1 driver will be ten-million-dollar man Ralph Shumacher ,backed by Jenson Button.
                Williams-BMW's new FW22 and Ralph Shumacher makes a lethal combination
                However, both of these teams will have catching up to do with Shell-ferrari and West McLaren-Merecedes
                Mclarens won the last two championships, in 99 and 98, but ferrari has managed to close the gap significantly over the off season. Ferrari un-veiled it's newly designed F399 in January 2000.

The F399 has a V10(standard for all F1 CARS) engine with displacement of three litres. New car has also improved aero-dynamics , and gear box.
                Ferrari has two drivers at the moment,Michael Shumacher and Rubin Barachello, who came from Stewart in the off season.

Pressure is definitely on Ferrari this season to win the championship. Ferrari has manged to create the perfect cocktail with Shumacher and F399
                I am a die-hard ferrari fan and will be following every new development related to Ferrari.
                I want to hear comments from ya'all. How's Mclaren going to do this season? do anyone of you like Jordan? Damon Hill retired from Jordan-Honda but they still have Herrald-heinz ,who won two or three races last season.

Elegancia, I posted a thread few months back during the last season and it didn't get any response, either. I am thrilled to see all these your responses .

Fraudia, I am planning on going to Montreal as well for the grand-prix. I really can't think of any links for that lotus' scale model. Although, i know lotsa F1 web-sites, will let you know if I find it.

Akif, I don't really follow NASCAR. Daytona 500 was I think just last weekend. Maybe, you can keep us update.

Mania, I don't know if Shumacher would leave if ferrari doesn't win the championship. He has a contract wihth ferrari untill the end of 2001 season.

Elmo, I know that Villenue was driving for British/American Supertac. He had an awefull last season. He is with a different team now. I don't know which one.

Also , suggestions needed for the official Gup-Shup F1 team, like name and stuff.

Smiles.

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited February 23, 2000).]

Comment

Yes, I am a die-hard Ferrari fan. In my opinion, it was the most fair thing last season that they won the team championships. That was due to the lethal combination of Schumaker-Irvine. But I'm also ahppy that Hakkinen won. You know he is such a gentleman on the track & he wass also the best driver of the lot (save Schumaker who was injured for the most crucial part of the season).
                  I wish all the best to arguably one of the two best drivers in the F1 history (Schumaker off course) for this season. The other best was late Senna! (in my opinion off course & this need not be true).

Comment

Elegancia

dont forget greats like prost and hill (grant..not damon).
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Prost was a great driver..but Senna and Schumacher are the greatest of their time.

The thing about Schumacher that makes him so great is that he's not only the quickest man on the track but he's also the best technical driver on the circuit. There are many other drivers who have come into formula 1 with reputations of being quick but have not been able to handle the preassure or adjust to the technical side of the F1..perfect examples..
                      Alesi, Fisicella, Frentzen ( although he had a great 99 season )

------------------

Laterz,
                      ManiaX.

Comment

Indeed, Ayrton Senna was arguably the best driver of them all.

Alhough he's a class racer, Schumacher does employ the odd negative tactic...the oh-im-sorry-bad-skid-there-buddy among others (remember the 'accident' to get him the joint winner's cheque couple ssns back)

Neverthless when it comes to racing, Schumacher is definitely the top steerer out there.

Comment

How Ferrari will perform this season? What's your opinion on Rubin Barrachello joining Ferrari? would there be any controversy as who would get the notch for No.1 driver?

Comment

No controversy.
                            Schu will be no.1

Comment

I agree there'ld be no controversy. Have you ever been to any F1 race? If, you had which one? I've never been to one , however I am planning on going to Montreal or Indianappollis for the F1 bang..

Comment

Working...
                              X