Shoaib Looking To Tie Them In Notts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoaib Looking To Tie Them In Notts

Shoaib Akhtar hopes to take the County Championship by storm in 2000 after having his spirits lifted by a reprieve over his controversial bowling action.
    The 24-year-old paceman is scheduled to play for Nottinghamshire in the coming campaign - although his 'ban' from the Test arena coupled with Pakistan's commitments seemed to have given the midlands county cold feet.

But after the International Cricket Council rescinded the power of their own advisory panel to ban bowlers deemed to have suspect actions, Shoaib's chances of joining the Trent Bridge ranks appear to have taken an up-turn.

The panel's ban on Shoaib technically still stands. Yet the weight behind the suspension will inevitably be called into question by the ICC's decision.

Shoaib, nicknamed the Rawalpindi Express, said: "I look forward to playing in England and take this as a challenge. I will talk to the board officials to give me a break from Pakistan's assignments in Dhaka and Sri Lanka so I can play a full season."

Notts' former overseas star Chris Cairns has already been approached by the county as another option. Shoaib, however, is keen to show the English public the explosive performances he put in for Pakistan during last summer's World Cup.

"I am overjoyed. I was banned wrongly but I am thankful to the Almighty and will get my sleep back.

"I have lost my sleep, although from inside I was convinced that I would play in Test cricket again.

"I knew I would be back to thrill the crowds the world over. I play for my country and to entertain the crowds."

may be they should give you a chance

Please refrain from such comments please ..
    MR.

[Note: This message has been edited by MahaRaja]

Comment

Working...
    X