of their triangular against
    England and Zouth Africa.

I'm tired of people not taking them
    seriously. They beat us, afterall.
    -----------------------------
    Olonga wants to emulate Wasim

AFP
    21 December 1998

FAISALABAD, Pakistan, Dec 21 (AFP) - Henry Olonga, hero of Zimbabwe's first ever Test series win, wants to emulate the fiery pace of
    Pakistan's illustrious fast bowler Wasim Akram.

The 22-year-old cricketer was declared player of the series for Zimbabwe Monday after getting nine wickets in the series including a
    match-winning burst of 42-4 in the first Test at Peshawar which the tourists won by seven wickets.

The second Test in Lahore and third one here were both abandoned due to fog. ``I wish I could bowl magic balls like Wasim did in the final of the
    1992 World Cup.

``I was 16 at that time and I can never forget those two balls dismissing (Englishmen) Allan Lamb and Chris Lewis,'' Olonga told AFP. Olonga
    said Wasim had always been his ``icon''.

``He is simply a great bowler and it's hard to be like him, but with hard work I have been trying to achieve it,'' he said. Olonga has made great
    strides since making his Test debut in 1994 against Pakistan.

``I have been working hard for the last four years and am delighted that I played some role in Zimbabwe's first ever series win,'' Olonga said. ``I
    think I bowled my best in Peshawar. The wicket there was very green and it helped me a lot with a bit of luck,'' he said.

Olonga said that he ``has the will to achieve more and become one of the leading bowlers in Test cricket.'' ``Yes, the will is there and I am a
    hard-working player. I hope I will achieve more and more.''
Working...
X