Australia win by 6 wickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australia win by 6 wickets

Australia won by 6 wickets. Pakistan's weak batting showed up at last. They will have to do something about it if they wish to progress further in this tournament. Well played Aussies.

good to see that you've mastered the idea of being positive with the title
    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Waqar younis scored only 8 runs. what can u do if best batsman in the team fails miserably.

Comment

Queer, I had to give in to your demands some time. ZZ you are right, any team which relys on Saqlain and Waqar to get them runs will have to pay the penalty sooner rather than later. Should be an eye opener for the team. I am sick of hearing Wasim say he is not concerned about the batting. On the other hand they don't have much choice.

[This message has been edited by ehsan (edited January 16, 2000).]

Comment

I think Pak should reverse its batting order and let Shoaib & Waqar open the batting. LOL

Fata Morgana

Comment

Yes I agree that the top order batsman tend to fail most of the time, but I strongly think that Waqar and Ijaz shall be excluded from the team now. And, Azhar Mahmood shall come instead of Waqar. We can't rely on Waqar everytime, where as Azhar Mahmood is a reliable batsman and a reliable bowler. Ijaz on the other hand has not really impressed since world cup.

Comment

The constant shuffling/replacements in the batting order should end. I srongly think we should try a combination for the next India and next Aus games. After that, only those performing well be included for the rest and best-of-3 final, which is most prob against Aus,

possibly:
              -include Ijaz for the ind game, but replace him with M.Wasim for Aus
              -if Wasti fails against Ind, try bringing Razzaq upto 3/4 and include mehmood at 7, Waqar retained

I think Afridi has been a total waste on this tour, Sohail would have been invaluable. Afridi is very talented no doubt, but his cricketing sense is lacking. Even if he gets a 40-odd now, there will be an air of dissatisfaction about him.
              Like Inzi in 94/95 he should have been dropped altogether and made to prove himself. Inzi's place was as cemented as Youhana's right now. It stung to be dropped all of a sudden, he exererted himself to come back strongly, and he did superbly.

Comment

Yeah....that was bad.
                I think the score wasn't too bad. Its a fighting score though. But on the other hand side..our teams fielding sucks. Number 2,3 and 4th batsmen...r a joke in the team.
                U can't expect Waqar to play in every match. Ausies r really unbeatable. They proved this in batting, fielding and bowling. Steve Waugh played a brilliant captain innings. Congrats Ausies. All the best with Pakis. Inshallah..we will win the tournament.Aameen
                It is my belief that our salvation lies in following the golden rules of conduct set for us by our great law-giver, the Prophet of Islam. (Quaid-e-Azam Speech at Shahi Darbar, Sibi, February 14, 1948)

Comment

Working...
                X