Shoaib Akhtar's Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoaib Akhtar's Problem

Its not his bowling...its his attitude. He has to refine his attitude and behave like the 24 yr old that he is. I dont have a doubt that the main reason he has been banned is because of his frequent cursing and yelling at umpires, opposing players, and just about every thing thats not on his team. The same attitude got very good players like Amir Sohail,Basit Ali and Rashid Latif thrown out. If he doesnt mend his attitude, i believe he is a dead duck, because he cant possibly change his action. Any change in his delivery will cause his speed to drop tremendously, and then he will be no better than Aqib Javed at his best pace. I just think he needs to tone down his demeanor, and keep it that way.

why not mcgrath? mcgrath has same attitude. fast bowlers have this attitude.

Comment

I don't think attitude has anything to do with it. Mcgrath's overreaction when he got Scahin out today was also pure aggresion. Nothing wrong with that. What reemains to be seen is whether Mcgrath will be discplined in the same way as Prasad was last week or will double standards be applied as usual.

Comment

McGrath chucks a little !

Now how many fast bowlers can produce deliveries as fast as akram n marshal without that lil wrist action !!

I think its nonsense to say that shoaib cant change his action a tad bit .. all he needs is a lil training preferably from imran khan ... and thats all .. its not going to effect his pace but it will affect his control for some time .. now c'mon we r talking international cricket .. there r rules which r to be followed .. i think akhtar has the mental capacity to understand this fact and should act accordingly ...

About murlitharan .. he bowls like we used to in grade 1 .. his action was outrageous .. he should have been banned !

If only pakis could put me incharge ..

MR.

Comment

McGrath is an aussie..u think an aussie or an english player will be banned before he kills someone? If u dont believe there is racism involved, u really have had to be away from cricket for a long time. And Mcgrath isnt the only one. One statement of Shoaib's that i agree with is that just about every other pace bowler in the world has a twist in his delivery. Shoaib has been pointed out because he got that much recognition at that tender an age, and proved himself the fastest at a very early stage. The ICC which is loaded with australians and brits isnt gonna be impartial, ever. They will not bother with McGraths attitude, no matter how arrogant he gets. However, Pakistan is a different story.
          Pace is the very first thing that you develop as a bowler, and then comes the line and length. As a result, the pace factor settles in well, whereas line and length varies according to the environment. Now if Shoaib is forced to alter his action in anyway, he will lose a major chunk of his pace, since he will have to pretty much start over as a bowler. And he still will have that instinctive touch to deliver the ball the way he used to before, the one which ICC calls throwing. And if it happens again, he wont be suspended for one month. He will be gone for good.

[This message has been edited by Akif (edited January 04, 2000).]

Comment

I think this chucking episode is itself controversial. Bret Lee's action is more suspicious than Shoib. But he is not banned!
            Anyway, now the Paki speedster will have to undergo training; but let's hope he's back soon.
            And the team's chances will not be hampered because of his absence; as Wasim, Razzaq, Azhar are capable to do the job. Nonetheless, Shoib's replacement (Waqar) is as fiery(perhaps even more!)

Comment

Working...
            X