sports??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sports??

common peoplz, there's more to sports other than cricket,which aint a real sport anyways.no into the NFL or NBA?

NFL???
    Big guys with no brains running around beating the crap out of each other????
    A quote to show the lack of brains need to play American Football.
    Joe Montana said "Football is 80% physical and 40% mental"
    What is wrong with that statement??
    If you don't know go back to 2nd grade math!!!
    An English soccer coach said "Rugby is a game of beasts played by gentlemen, soccer is a game of gentlemen played by beasts and American Football is a game of beasts played by beasts".
    The following info is from a South African whom i have the privilage to call a friend:
    Did you know that most American sports are based on English sports played by women.
    Basketball is a copy of net ball played by women.
    Baseball is a copy of "rounders" (the name of the sport) played by girls in junior high as they can not play cricket.
    American Football is a copy of gaining ground a game for females as they can't play rugby.
    And you say cricket is not a sport!!!
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Shenshah2,

Welcome to the forum, what we are discussing here are sports concerned with Pakistanis and although Basketball and American Football are good games - frankly there is no Pakistani interest there.

Comment

cm,hmmm, yes and cricket is a game where 2 guys bat, while the rest of the team drink tea. and what about field hockey, other than desis, it is a CHICK sport - and a BUTCH LESBO chick sport at that.
        azhar, hmmm,from what i can gatehr a vast majority of guppos are living abroad, i guess that means that all these pakis are only interested in cricket, and have no interest in REAL sports requiring SKILL, STAMINA, STRENGTH, and ATHELETISM.
        if you ask me desis like CRICKET because it offers them a chance to actually sweat without phycisal exersion - tea time

Comment

Oh comon CM..
          >>An English soccer coach said "Rugby is a game of beasts played by gentlemen, soccer is a game of gentlemen played by beasts and American Football is a game of beasts played by beasts".>>
          At least in American football they wear helmets, and a host of guards. Rugby provides no such protection. Whos the beast here?

I dont think there is any love lost between USA and Europe. As for your south african friends comparisons, all the sports that he mentioned are played all over the world. Basketball is just as popular in Europe as it is in US.
          Baseball is hardly similar to rounders. Try hitting a tiny ball with a round bat compared to hitting a ball with a flat bat.
          American Football is more popular in Europe minus England and Asia than is rugby.
          And need i even say anything about ice hockey?

Comment

Baseball is the poor man's cricket.

Comment

Firstly Akif - where in Europe are you living ???
              The Europeans hate the Americans.
              The people trashed 10 McDolands across France.
              The Swiss hate the American.
              They rather speak romanish (a offical language in Switzerland - only 000.1% of the people speak that language.) than English.
              Germans dislike the Americans as much as Hitler. Period.
              The Austrians think Americans have no brains.
              British and America???
              There is no bloody love there for there to be a love loss.
              "Basketball is just as popular in Europe as it is in US."
              Basketball popular in Europe - where????
              American Colleges in Europe - AUP, Webster (Geneva, Leiden - Netherlands (Holland) Vienna and London) the colleges in the American European federation or what ever it is called do not promote basketball as a sport.
              Each college has a soccer and rugby team.
              The local schools and colleges don't have a basketball team.
              So please explain what countries you are talking about.
              The only guys who i know that love the NFL are Finnish and they play ICE HOCKEY in -15 c.
              They are crazy.
              "American Football is more popular in Europe minus England and Asia than is rugby."
              In Switzerland the only people that play American Football are the Americans.
              In France Rugby over NFL any time of the day.
              Germanys are soccer crazy - where does the NFL come in???
              Austria have their sking.
              Ice Hockey - only the Nords and Finnish play that - and they created the bloody sport - so don't call that an American sport.
              And lastly Akif - I said the american sports were based on the british games not copying the game exactly - there is always room for variation.
              But tell me that it is not werid that the two sports rounders and baseball are so similar in most aspects.
              As for Rugby that is a true sport as nobody gets killed in the sport.
              In the NFL people get killed and sometimes they are fortunate to live but are paraplegic (is that how you spell that???).
              Also Akif where is Baseball play in the world except for of the US and Japan and the countries in the US influence zone, like Cuba and Rico.
              Where is the NFL played???

Now Shah jee - there is no need to be rude.
              This is a democratic forum and thus you will get all types of opinions.
              Cricket is not as much a physical sport as Basketball or the NFL but try standing and running around for 5 bloody days for 8 to 10 hours.
              I don't think Micheal Jordon, or Pippen could handle it.
              You don't have to be in tip top phyiscal shape to play cricket - but you have to have stamina and skill.
              Anybody can pick up a ball and run through a couple of people and get hurt.
              To play cricket, you need years of practice.
              Also what does desis mean - i do not understand ebonics clearly most of the time.
              Also calling a sport a butch lesbo chick sport is not earning you any points on this baord knowledge or respect.
              So tone that voice and think.
              You may call cricket what ever you want but that does not change the fact that you are the only one here who dislikes the sport.
              Lastly are you the kind of paki who lives in the US for 2 days and think you are an American citzen???
              And as for that, do you count yourself a American first and then a Paki??
              You may say no, but we will see what is true if you post a little more.
              Also Akif where is Baseball play in the world except for of the US and Japan and the countries in the US influence zone, like Cuba and Rico.

Comment

Personally I just have an appreciation of Cricket and am not a big fan but its a grat sport.

Field Hockey is not quite a chic sport. and non desi countries play it too. England, Australia, Canada, Russia and Newzealand are hardly desi countries. I also think that Koreans may not like being called desi.
                Until Pakistan gave Macau a thrashing 52-0 defeat or something like that, the worst record was India vs USA where USA lost 22-0, It was better for them to start considering it a chic sport.

Each sport has its own balance of strength and skill and it is up to you to see if you like it. By the standards that you are using to say cricket is inferior to basketball, golf would be inferior to bicycling and american football inferior to Boxing.

We all know that is not the case. Comparing apples to Oranges will nto yield in any real results.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Right on the mark Mr.Fraudia!!!

Comment

I do have a slight concern with american football. I mean the guys go and rest after the play with 20 million substitutions.

From a sheer adrenaline rush and speed, strength and stamina perspective, I have not played any sport more daunting than Rugby 7's, or as some call it seven a side rugby.

Having the opportunity to see some supposed sisy sports like badminton, table tennis and squash, I have developed an admiration and appreciation of the different challenges each sport presents. Offcourse to someone who is not familiar with the sport it may look trivial...but hey bowling looks trivial and my shamefully low scores in that put me in my place back when i was 16, i learnt from that.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

CM yaar....i meant to say, there is a lot of love lost between US and europe. i am fully aware of the fact that americans and europeans hate each others guts..europeans more so perhaps..
                      However, from what i know, there is a European NFL league which has yearly tournaments....and baseball is just as popular in australia, if not more, than cricket...and basketball, NBA has lots of european players, and american castoff players frequently go to european basketball leagues to play. Italy and Greece being
                      on the top of the list.
                      There is no doubt about the fact that americans 'invented' baseball based on cricket and NFL based on rugby just to spite the british, whose guts they hate. Same reason as to why they call it soccer instead of football. However, i believe sports are all about getting used to. Once u get the hang of it, even bowling seems attractive.

Comment

I could never understand American Football - there are so many stops and starts its just no fun. As Akif says if you want a man's sport then there is Rugby - you've got tobe tough to play that.
                        As far as cricket is concerned - obviously you have not played it much (if at all) - the sports requires both skill and a bit of brain power. It is not to do with having tea all day - after all there is also lunch as well!! - It all depends on how active you are in the sport - having played a full days game can take a lot out of you - certainly more streneous then coming ontothe pitch for a few seconds to take a kick as in American Football and then go back and rest after having tired yourself out - yes it must be tough.

I admire the Baseballers - they sure do hit that ball hard and far.

Comment

ShenShah2,

cricket. . .a CHICK SPORT?

you obviously haven't seen pictures of Graham Gooch's face after he was hit by a Malcolm Marshall bouncer

SKILL: you try bowling an late inswinging yorker!

STAMINA: you think it's easy to bat for 13 hrs (Hanif) when the bowlers are trying to rip your head off.

STRENGTH: two words: Lance Klusener

ATHLETICISM: two more words: slip fielding

you see

you really don't know what you're talking about.

it's obvious you don't know the rules of cricket let alone it's subtleties.

you're like a child raised on McDonald's who criticises those who eat caviar.

just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad.

there's a world of difference between your opinion and fact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          now on to the NFL and the NBA:

which teams do you support?

. . .

me? the Redskins and the Wizards

Comment

BILLS & BULLS (hard to let go of michael's team)

Comment

Working...
                            X