Indian official predicts 3-0 wipe-out in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian official predicts 3-0 wipe-out in Australia

The Indian cricket team which on Tuesday embarked on a three-month tour to Australia found an unlikely critic in a key but controversial board official.

"We will be wiped out 3-0. You watch, they (Australia) will win all three games. India doesn't stand a chance," Jaywant Lele, secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), said in an interview to Internet channel Rediff-on-the-Net (http://www.rediff.com).

Lele was embroiled in a media storm earlier this month after he questioned coach Kapil Dev's decision to call all-rounder Ajit Agarkar for a net practice session without consulting officials.

Dev hit back, saying he would not be treated like a schoolboy.

In his latest interview, Lele, who is not a selector, found India's batting short on strength.

"The wickets there will not help the Indians at all...there is so much bounce. Besides Sachin (Tendulkar), (Rahul) Dravid and (Saurav) Ganguly there is no one else who can bat there," Lele said in the interview.
    The Indian squad, led by Tendulkar, are heading for a three-month tour which will also feature a limited overs triangular series with Australia and Pakistan.

During their last tour to Australia in 1992, India lost the test series 4-0 and Australia's impressive four-wicket win over Pakistan at Hobart on Monday sounded alarm bells for the Indians ahead of their tour.

Lele feared that if Tendulkar, Dravid or Ganguly was injured, India would be "finished" as there was no depth in the middle order.

Replying to a question on the fitness of the Indian squad, Lele said the players were fit but not "match-fit". "They don't have it in them to stay there for six hours."

Lele also said that he was not satisfied with the composition of the squad and would have taken two more spinners. "Why don't we understand that spin is our forte?," Lele wondered.

Lele felt the Pakistani team was better than India in all departments "Their batsmen are so consistent. Man to man, Pakistan is a much better team than India," he said

another Indian cakking his pants. reality is a lot different to the propaganda exercises carried out by Mr Fiction and co on this site. Let's get it on.

Comment

another lie. dont you feel ashame of lying through your teeth. i read the interview and nowhere the team position has been discussed.
      no doubt you wished that should have happenned but your thinking is not reality.
      well what to expect from you liars. its there in you blood so nothing new.
      before second test i had said see the results before you people starting dancing in celebration. now i would tell you people wait for the series to get over. no doubt you will not like the result so better start looking for the excuses from now on.

Comment

Fact, I know why u didn't know because
        [A] You were reading from a Indian website and they went at shame at this story so they cut out all the "bad parts", so u wouldn't cry.
        [B] Your either the most stupidest, illiterate person on this forum. YOU CAN'T READ!!!?????

Go check it out for yourself and, if you can't see it on CNN's own website, then you are the king of all stupids.
        www.cnnsi.com/cricket/news/1999/11/23/india_wipeout/index.html

NOW GO READ IT NOW! And don't call us lier's till you find your "real facts". So at the moment u just made a big ass out of yourself.. I'm sure u going to edit your post now ;-)

Comment

Nofact go and get your facts right before calling anybody a liar. You have demonstrated that your knowledge is pathetic and your postings are down right garbage. GROW UP and by the way this news was picked up from the sports section of Yahoo.com. No wonder all you Indians will now see Islamic Terrorists controlling Yahooo as well.

Comment

I read the article in Yahoo!
            the site: http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/991123/6/bloa.html
            I was going to paste it in here but I see ehsan beat me to it.

Comment

sorry Fanatic bhai.

Comment

ya, have fun boys, just dont whine in the end that indians pooped your party.
                Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Though I did not read the article, I do believe that this man, Lele is perfectly capable of the statements he is supposed to have made.Not the least because he is an arse-hole of the first order.Whatever be the truth in his statement, his other such cricketing discourses are enough indication of his cricketing knowledge(or the perfect lack of it).If a dumbo like him can be in the cricket board, it really doesn't say much about our cricket administrators.He gets into every little issue for all they are worth , like the one against Kapil.These fat, dung-headed,big-toothed officials who don't even look like they are going to play cricket in their next life should be kicked out from the cricket board.
                  There is no point wasting time & space here discussing the bugger's statements which are not worth more than a pinch of salt.

Comment

WHY ARE YOU (PAKIS) BROODING? - WAIT AND SEE WHETHER PAKISTAN OR INDIA IS GOING TO LOSE 3-0. JAYANT LELE IS A DESPERATE MAN ESPECIALLY AFTER LOSING HIS POST. HE MAY SAY ANYTHING OUT OF FRUSTRATION BUT ONLY THE RESULTS CAN SAY.

Comment

TCH,TCH,!!!!!!!! Queer Some1 and Indian bankrupt it is hurting isn't it. Hey the statement was made by one of your own official, why blame us. Queer I don,t think the Indians are going to poop the party, they haven't for over God knows how many decades when playing overseas. Did you know that the last match they won overseas was in 1987? A series, well can anyone remember? With this bunch of cricketers they ain't going to do it. Three good batsmen can't win a series when the other 8 are mediocre and below international standards. If they win I will be the first one to congratulate you.

Comment

Ehsan, I myself feel that India's chances in Australia aren't all that bright without having to hear it from that clown.
                        But I still don't know the purpose of posting his comments here.
                        Guess that is your way of salvation from the string of Pak defeats in the recent series.
                        Have fun while u are at it.

Comment

Some1, no it wasn't a way of salvation from Pakistan's defeats. I think despite their defeats they played well and Aussies were lucky to wim the second test. But that's the way the cookie crumbles. The only time it hurts is when we loose to your team, which thank God is not that often. Defeat to your team in Australia in ODI, if it happens will be more hurtful than loss to the Aussies, similarly the joy is double when India is beaten by Pakistan. The point of this posting was to tease some of you and boy you people reacted.

Comment

oh, next time add a footnote saying it's just a message to tease indians, so that dumbos like me dont get fooled into an emroglio....

jasleeeeeeeeeen, where are you, luv?
                            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

ehsan, by your posting it looks that you are more teased and frustrated than anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X