Pakistan better than India: Waugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan better than India: Waugh

PERTH, Australia, Nov 25 (AFP) - Pakistan, who trail Australian 2-0 in their three Test series, are a better all-round side than India, who have just arrived for their tour here, Australian captain Steve Waugh believes.

''India are very tough at home, but away they have won very few Tests over the past 10 years,'' Waugh said Thursday on the eve of the third Test.

''To me, this says that Pakistan are a better all-round side in all conditions, but if you go to India you probably rate India as one of the top sides in the world at home.

''Away from home, it is a bit of a different story with India.''

Australia are due to to play India in a three Test series with matches at Adelaide (December 10-14), Melbourne (Dec 26-30) and Sydney (Jan 2-6).

India will also compete in a three-nation one-day tournament with Australia and Pakistan in a month-long contest starting January 9.

Waugh said he would rate it an outstanding achievement if Australia defeated Pakistan 3-0.

''It would be great, because this Pakistan side is a very fine team - as good as anyone else in world cricket, definitely in the top three, with South Africa,'' he said.

''It could have been 1-1 but for our great win in Hobart. It would be a shame to waste that win and play poorly in Perth.''

GO READ YOURSELF AT: http://www-usa.cricket.org/link_to_d...25NOV1999.html

THIS is great work from Waugh and should SHUT all the indian shameless faces up! .....hopefully

"Verily, I am leaving behind two precious things among you: the Book of God and my kindred, my household..(Sahi Muslim, Hadith Thaqalayn is narrated by thirty plus Companions of the Prophet)

And the president of sincahjhai islands also said so........
    go read it yourself at :
    http://www.dsfgs.com/ewtret/apoem/sdgf/wret/poirwt/qwerew/pasdayu/wetrewt/werwe/ewtwwret/werwe/wet/rwt/bigdeal.html

Comment

What Waugh said is already well known in the cricketing world, you dont and never compare India with Pakistan, Ausralia and South Africa, their competitors are Zimbabwe, NZ and England. Ramesha you are going to ruff a few Indian feathers, one has already been ruffed.

Comment

India don't need to compare themselves with Pakistan. They are a decent side, probably fourth in ranking after Australia, South Africa and Pakistan. But there is a substantial gap between the top three and the rest of the world.

Comment

Saeed Anwar c Ponting b McGrath 18
          W Wasti c Ponting b McGrath 5
          Ijaz Ahmed b Fleming 1
          Inzamam-ul-Haq c Waugh b Kasprowicz 22
          Yousuf Yohanna c Gilchrist b McGrath 18
          Azhar Mahmood c Warne b Fleming 39
          Moin Khan C & b Fleming 28
          WasimAkram not out 5
          Saqlain Mushtaq c Blewett b Kasprowicz 7
          Shoaib Akhtar b Kasprowicz 0
          Mohammad Akram c Waugh b Kasprowicz 0

Extras (b-0 lb-4 w-0 nb-8) 12

TOTAL (in 52 overs all out) 155

NEED WE SAY MORE.........

Comment

Great tactics by Waugh! Threw the Pakistanis off guard with false praises and the results are clear. C'mon pakistanis, concentrate on your game!
            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

But I do agree with Waugh's remarks that Pakistan are a better all round side than India. I don't think anyone can or should doubt this fact. India just doesn't have the bowling strength to win matches abroad !! And its so called great batting line up is also very inconsistent on bouncy pitches. I can see tough days ahead for the Indian team in Australia !!!
              Although I wouldn't agree with ehsan's views that India is as bad as Zimbabwe, England, or NZL !!

Comment

I rate India 4th, but as Mr Xtreme said, there is a gap though. India's a great team, with the world's best batsmen and I think they could do a lot better if they had decent bowlers.
                Whatever happened to that West Indies and England team? Remember when they were the best???

[This message has been edited by Peoples Champ (edited November 26, 1999).]

Comment

What Waugh said has been misintepreted by the Pakis, what Waugh meant was that Pakis are better ass lenders than Indians because the way we have beaten them it shows that they are lending easily but it will be difficult with India because the Indians are here to kick our asses.

AUSTRALIA 3-0.

[This message has been edited by sajjadm (edited November 27, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                  X