Nicknames for Indian cricketers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicknames for Indian cricketers

Well, when I watch a cricket match between Pak heroes and the dastardly Indians with friends I always tend to refer to Indian cricketers with a variation on their names. Just for fun you understand. As we know, Indian spectators referred to apna Inzamaam as Alloo.

So here goes:

Saurav Ganguly = Suryava Ganguly

Sachin Tendulkar = Sachin Tatti-kar

Venkatash Prasad = Wankasplash Prasad

Azzarudhin = Adulterudhin (recently added)

Kumble = Krumble (as in under pressure)

Ajay Jadeja = Aaja Yadeeda

That's all I can think of for the mo' because I can't remember the rest of the team. There's still Javagal Srinath and Rahul Dravid but I can't think of suitable nicks for these two. Any help would be appreciated. There is also the skinny all-rounder with huge ears. I can't remember his name but we'll cal him Ganesh for now.

[This message has been edited by Mr Xtreme (edited October 06, 1999).]

Right on Xtreme, I like the sachin one, really beauty. The skinny Ganesh you were referring to is Ajit Agarkar

Comment

Thanks for the info on skinny Ganesh Ehsan. From now on he will be known as Ajit Ugly-kow. If you can think of something better let me know.

Comment

Great job bro!
        hahahahhaha
        here is one lil effort from mee

Ajit Agarkar = Ajit Gaandphaar

[This message has been edited by Pathan Bhai (edited October 07, 1999).]

Comment

Got any more man?

Comment

Surprising, but we Indians don't have too many nickies going for the Paki players.
            Even the 'Aaaloo' thing got popular only when Inzamam got into the stands to accost an Indian who called him by that name.
            Waqar Younis came very close to getting one --Bekaar Younis -- till he actually proved he was one.
            I also suspect somewhere deep down we Indians have infact a bit of admiration for the temperament of some Paki palyers,especially evident from the no. of times Pakistan have managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat ( especialy against the Indians).
            But some others like Aamir Sohail and Miandad(in his heydays) are people, Indians liked to hate because of their un-gentlemanly behavior on the field.
            Also, Indians like to see the back of Saeed Anwar, only because he is one batsman who simply relishes Indian bowlers.
            Recent allegations of match-fixing have surely damaged the image of Pakiani team as they now look more like a gang of gamblers ever willing to get into some controversy or the other.

---------------------
            Cricket is a game played by 22 fools and watched by 22000 others.
            - George Bernard Shaw.

Comment

wasim akram - wasim chakram
              amir sohail garib soiled
              moin khan groin kunt
              imran khan beiman kunt
              shoaib akhtar chuck mutkar

Comment

abbas for some reason they dont sound funny. cus maybe they dont make sense. but hi guys hindu names r funny Gangguly what kind f a name is that Tandukar, srinath. herbajansingh, **** they sound so funny.
                thats y all these hindu change there name to nikki,micky,sunny,pinky,etc when they move to some other country like us, england etc and now they r naming themselve muslim name like abbas,sajjad etc.

------------------
                I Love afridi

Comment

jasleen,
                  your sense of humour is limited. see a humour in a broader light and then you can enjoy it. also i am tired of your line (sic)
                  i love afride. i dont have anything against that chap and also that i like him as a player but please stop tiring us with that adage again and again. keep him in your heart. dont make others tired of him due to your senseless recurring sentence.

Comment

I LOVE AFRIDI
                    I LOVE AFRIDI
                    I LOVE AFRIDI
                    I LOVE AFRIDI
                    YOU DONT LIKE IT WELL SUCK IT AND GO BACK TO INDIA AND CATCH SOME RAT AND NAME YOUR KIDS GANGU PARSAD, CHUMPK LAL, AND IF YOU WANT BE COOL THEN NAME YOU DOUGHTER JASLEEN.

------------------
                    I Love afridi

Comment

Here are the nicknames for some of the Pakistani players.

Sayed Anwar - Baloo.
                      Afridi - Tadtadya.
                      Akram - Mr. Consistence.
                      Sohaib Akhtar - Sukha Kakdi.
                      Waqar Younis - Bekar nada.
                      Inzamun-Al-Haq - Dum Aloo.
                      Moin Khan - Baloo.

if I remember more I will write. Anyway the names given to the world class Indian batsman does not suit them they require some more funny names, it looks as if a child of five years is trying to pronounce the names of the world gratest batsmens.

Comment

was there a reason to put PAKISTANI IN FRONT OF YOUR NAME. YOU ARE SURE NO PAKISTANI. PAKISTANI MOTHER NEVER GIVE A BIRTH TO A KID LIKE YOU. MUCH BETTER NAME FOR YOU INDIANGAREEB

------------------
                        IF NOT PUKTUNKHOW THEN PUKTUNISTAN

Comment

He is ashamed of being Indian and he wishes he was a Pakistani. Can you blame him? I think Miss World could bowl faster than the Indian bowlers.

Comment

oh yeah
                            for
                            Sachin tundulker = sa chicken

Comment

jasleen,
                              i thought in islam, haaya is the ornament of women. after reading your reply, i have to rethink about your religious following and upbringing.

Comment

Working...
                              X