Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sachin Tendulkar the best batsman in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Sachin Tendulkar the best batsman in the world?

Putting you on the spot - who is the best batsman in the world and who is the best bowler? This was the question asked to India born English captain, Nasser Hussain. He feels that Sachin Tendulkar is the best batsman and Saqlain Mushtaq the best bowler. According to Don Bradman, Sachin is the most perfect batsman in the world.

Incidently Sachin Tendulkar completed 10 years in cricket on Nov. 16. He was 16 when he played the first match. Now he is 26 with two kids.

Sachin is currently the best batsman, even though if Lara can regain his previous form it will be a close run thing. Saqlain is in a class of his own.

Comment

I don't think Saqlain is the best bowler. I feel Wasim Akram is easily the best bowler today. He has performed consistently on all pitches over a long period of time.
      By the way do you know how many more wickets he needs to break Kapil's record.

Comment

A Decade of brilliance

Rediff has created a special item on 10 years of Sachin Tendulkar. All cricket fans would love to look at the pictures and read some of the articles on this GENIUS player
        http://www.rediff.com/sports/1999/nov/15sach.htm
        http://www.rediff.com

Comment

It is true that Tendulkar is the best batsman in the world. Lara can be brilliant but he needs to be in form (bit like Saaed Anwar). Sachin is more resilient so I don't think anyone can touch him. I think Yousuf Youhanna will prove to be one of Pakistan's future hopes of batting greatness.

I also agree with Bombaykid that Akram has been the best bowler for the last decade, though he's starting to fade now. Glenn Mcgrath should also be mentioned - he's a fine bowler.

Comment

sorry to diagree guys--i think SAchin is a wonderful player; but Lara--he is just something else! When he (Lara) comes to the crease, the whole atmosphere changes. (This is true also but to a much lesser extent for sachin). Only a handful of cricketers have this kind of effect on the game: Viv, Waqar (in his pomp), Ambrose, Walsh, Shane Warne, and now Shoaib Akhtar...

Also another handicap of tendulkar's is his failure to make REALLY BIG scores; but if Lara gets a century, it is nearly always a big century (150+) or a double century! SAchin only has one 200!!

Comment

no doubt sachin is good but we should not forget mark waugh, saeed anwar, kallis and arvind de silva. inzamun is very good and its beauty to see him play effortlessly on every pitch. only thing he is too careless or disoriented at times.

Comment

fact,

None of the above mentioned stand any where close to Sachin, they are all freak batsman, Sachin is a person to watch when he is batting. Anwar can be a foot close to Sachin but the remaining are no where near Sachin & Anwar.

Comment

he is good only in india then his usuall back problem out of india sp aginst pakistan
                  lara, anwar, pointing,wough brothers,desalva are waybetter

Comment

Well, Tendulkar is good, but i forgot about Steve Waugh. He's the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X