rules for gulli danda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rules for gulli danda

Ummmm, i was like explaining gulli danda to some pals of mine.. and realized that i dunno nuffin bout it besides the danda and the gulli.

any gulli danda pros here?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

not really. there were no rules on how may will field. everyone who gets in is accomodated. but well.. u throw gulli from a hole, if a gulli is caught in air, u get out. The other person throws it back as near hole as possible and u defend with danda. if the gulli falls in a distance from the hole such that copetitor can jump to the hole from where gulli is placed, u lose. if he does not succeed u go to gulli and hit it with two stikes and drive it as far as possible. Again u should not be caught in air. u make three strikes like that and the distance where gulli has finally landed to the hole measured in units of danda is ur score. You/ ur competitors keep the strike as long as u dont get out and game ends when elders force u to end it. It is rather dangerous game and u may be hurt by gulli in the eye.

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited October 25, 1999).]

Comment

I think ZZ has explained the rules pretty well. I would just like to add a few other points: First, to make a good “Gulee”, use ‘Pipal’ (Pine wood, its light and it cuts well), the edges should not be very pointy (ZZ, so it wont puncture your eyes, should it ever hit). The size should not be more than the length of your 'GitH' (the distance between your pinky and thumb while stretched. I would say a good Gulee is about 6 to 8 inches long. The length of Danda should be no more than the size of your arm length. The circumference should be the same as Gulee (about 4 inches). The ‘Khutee’ (pit) should not be more than 9 inches long.

The beauty about this game is that there is no restriction about the number of players competing. It could be two or the whole village. The ideal number is 4, with two teams of 2 players each.

The best 'Tul' (hitting the Gulee) is not very high but low and goes a distance. The high Tuls are caught easily.

I have not played it in a while, but would love to take a shot at it soon. Now that you, Mr. Fraudia, have reminded me, I know what to do after our soccer game this Saturday with my kids. I will introduce them to this fascinating sport. Thanks Mr. Fraudia!!!!

Comment

NY bro

good to see ya here, I have been away for a bit so miss some of our chats. Anyways, I think we have set the wheels in motion for NAGDA i.e North American Gulli Danda Association.

I am thinking of starting some pithoo as well.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
        X