Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again a Paki screw up!!

Sallu cautions PCB over Pybus' appointment

KARACHI: With Richard Pybus, the South African coach due to arrive in Pakistan later this week to sign a fresh contract with the cricket authorities, former Test player and national selector Salahuddin Ahmed has made an impassioned appeal to the Board against this arrangement.

In a statement issued here on Tuesday, Sallu accused Richard Pybus, who has the backing of Pakistan captain Wasim Akram behind him in getting this second assignment from the Pakistan Board, of mocking the religious sentiments of the Pakistani players during the World Cup.

According to Sallu, after the World Cup semifinal win over New Zealand while the Pakistan players were prostrate in thanks giving prayers, Pybus showed utter disregard for their religious sentiments and walked around in front of them stark naked. "It was his (Pybus's) vulgar and obscene gesture after the victory of Pakistan over New Zealand that draws my irresistible ire. He had the temerity to move around stark naked in front of the players, prostrate in thanks giving prayers, after the great triumph," says Sallu.

"When I saw him thus mocking a sacred ceremonial offering I was shocked. My remonstration he seemed to ignore. Unable to contain my self I brought this incident to the notice of the manager, who gave him a strong dressing down." "The man reluctantly wrapped a towel around his waist and walked out unashamed," he narrates. Sallu says that at that time only the people inside the dressing room were aware of the incident, but now with the Board going to appoint Pybus again, he had no option but to make it public.

He has requested the Chairman of the PCB Ad hoc Committee and its members not to repeat the mistake of appointing Pybus again, as a Momin (Believer) is not bit twice from the same pit. The former national selector pointed out that there were bigger things in life then simply cricket and to him a foreigner who had no respect or sentiments for the religious beliefs of the Pakistan team, should not be made the national team coach.

Incidentally during the World Cup, on several occasions manager Dr Zafar Altaf also clashed with Pybus over his habit of encouraging the players to indulge with him in keeping late nights.

You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!
Working...
X