X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probables named for Sharjah tour

Probables named for training camp and trials

By Our Sports Correspondent

LAHORE, Sept 28 : Off-spinner Saqlain Mushtaq, paceman Shoaib Akhtar, middle-order batsmen Salim Malik and Ijaz Ahmad are not included, as 22 Test and International cricketers were called for the training camp, to be started at the Qadhafi Stadium from Oct 1, to finalise Pakistan team for the forthcoming Sharjah Trophy , starting from Oct 13.

The Pakistan Cricket Board ad hoc committee chief selector Col (retd.) Naushad Ali told reporters that Saqlain Mushtaq and Shoaib Akhtar were not fit. Mushtaq got his knee operated at London while Akhtar was having shoulder problem, he said.

The chief selector said that all the probables would report to the camp manager Yawar Saeed. The final team of 15-member would be announced on Sept 7, he added. He further said that the team for next tour of Australia would be announced on Sept 15, during the Sharjah Trophy.

Those who called for the training camp are:

Wasim Akram, Moin Khan, Aamir Sohail, Saeed Anwar, WajahatullahWasti, Inzimamul Haq, Yousuf Youhana, Hasan Raza, Waqar Younis, Mushtaq Ahmad, Salim Elahi, Shabbir Ahmad, Arshad Khan, Azhar Mahmood, Abdul Razzaque, Rashid Latif, Muhammad Wasim, Akhtar Sarfraz, Muhammad Akram, Shahid Nazir, Shahid Afridi and Naveed Qureshi.

PAKISTAN RESERVE PROBABLES: Twenty six probables were called to appear in trials for the selection of the Pakistan Reserve team. The trials will be held at the Qadhafi Stadium on Oct 2 at 8 am. The Pakistan Reserve team will take part in the Qauid-i-Azam Trophy matches from Oct 15 onward.

FormerTest cricketer Mohsin Kamal and firstclass cricketer Ali Zia will conduct the trials.

Following probables would report at the Qadhafi Stadium:

Imran Nazir, Taufeeq Umar, Danish Kenaria, Yasir Arafat,Atiq-uz-Zaman, Humayun Farhat, Faisal Iqbal, Imran Farhat, Bazid Khan, Taimoor Khan, Shoaib Malik, Javed Sami, Faisal Athar, Asif Mahmood, Sarfraz Ahmad, Farhan Adil, Mansoor Ahmad, Mubashar Nazir, Waqar Ahmad, Ahmar Saeed, Jan Nisar Khan, Azhar Shafique, Bilal Khiljee, Waqas Ahmad, Ali Husain Rizvi, Kashif Raza.

Pity that Saqlain and Shoaib won't be there but I guess it's more important for them to be fit for the Aussie tour.

BTW, Suhail, thanx for telling CM about this place, I read your messages on the SA board recommending them to him and I decided to stop by myself! It's a great place.

Comment

Working...
    X