English County Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English County Cricket

Ok.. so you guys might not be a big fan of county cricket.. it seems. But I for one.. like English County Cricket, not Aussie County Cricket.
    Well take the B&H Cup that is quiet interesting..
    and then you got teh Natwest trophy, and my favorite team.. LANCASHIRE! they better win.. or then Middlesex..
    But overall.. I don't mind county.. what about you guys? it's like the NHL or NBA...

County in england is played with a competetive spirit n that is what i like mostly about the English cricket infrastrucuture ...

As for my fav county this year ..its gotta be Surrey ... which has some good english team players as well as Saqlain

MR.

Comment

More winning points for Surrey

Surrey win at home
      Surrey stretched their lead at the top of the County Championship table, polishing off second-placed Hampshire in an hour and a half on the final day at Guildford.

Resuming on 99 for four, Hampshire were dismissed for 175 as they chased an imposing 332-run target.

Surrey won by 156 runs - their seventh win of the season - and preserved their unbeaten record.

Once again Surrey were indebted to their brilliant Pakistan off-spinner Saqlain Mushtaq.

He finished with figures of six for 74, his third five-wicket haul in four innings.

Hampshire were always facing a tough task against a powerful Surrey attack. But they had some early bits of luck. Nightwatchman Peter Hartley was dropped off the bowling of Saqlain by Graham Thorpe for two, when Hampshire were on 108
      for four.

He then drove at Saqlain but England fast bowler Alex Tudor, stooping at mid-off failed to hold the catch.

Hartley's luck finally ran out when he was on 17. A Martin Bicknell delivery kept low and the former Yorkshire player was out LBW, reducing Hampshire to 129 for five.

Wicketkeeper Adrian Aymes did not last long with a top edged sweep off Saqlain going straight to Bicknell at fine leg. Aymes was out for five.

John Stephenson at least gave Saqlain something to think about. He went down the wicket and elegantly drove him for four. With the next ball he followed this up with a superb lofted six on the legside that went out of the ground.

Hampshire captain Robin Smith, 33 not out overnight, hit some typically aggressive drives and looked in decent form as he and Stephenson formed the beginnings of what looked like a useful partnership.

But Stephenson was eventually deceived by Saqlain as he came around the wicket, bowled for 26 by what appeared to be a quicker delivery.

And any lingering hope Hampshire had of saving the game disappeared when Smith was completely beaten by the crafty spinner, bowled for 46, made from 98 balls and including six fours and one six.

Nixon McLean, who had hit a career best 70 in the first inning and smashed Saqlain for some well-struck boundaries, did not have the same success second time around.

He struck a lofted straight drive off Saqlain and Ian Salisbury, at long-off, missed out on any chance of a catch, seemingly dazzled by the sun despite wearing wrap-around shades.

But just two balls later McLean was LBW to Saqlain.

Dimitri Mascarenhas was Saqlain's sixth and final victim when he was caught behind by former England captain Alex Stewart off the bowling of Salisbury for five.

Surrey look set to lose their quartet of Test players - Stewart, Thorpe, Butcher and Tudor - on England duty at Lord's for the second Test against New Zealand. But they have won without them before and on this form they will take
      some catching.

17/7/1999

Comment

hahahah County cricket is ok, but at times it is quiet boring. My fav. team will be . . hmmmm Glamorgan. I used to like Lancshire but then Akram left that team. so now i like Glomorgan.

------------------
        Visit Dhamaka's Website @ http://www.maxpages.com/said

Comment

Yeahhhhhhhh same mate

I was behind LANCASHIRE till they had legendry AKRAM astheir skipper........

Now I go for SURREY!
          This season they doing quite well, aren't they!

Unbeaten so far, eh.........

Saqqi is with out reason getting his fingers browsed.........isn't he!

While paki has got 9 test season ahead with 25 ODI's.....i wonder why saqqi is working out of his skin.........

Yaar may be kiyoun kay abhee abhee shadee hoe hay.........lol

BV kay lumbay, choray NUKHRAy bhee too poor ol' SAQQI ko hee othanay hein na.......

Cheers
          Asif

Comment

Working...
          X