Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket Fans and Fences: Crowd control

Hello all,

I would like to know your comments on what you think should be done to stop fans from invading the field during games. Should anything be done at all? All comments welcome. Thank you.

OliveBranch

I LOVE THE PITCH INVASIONS!!! If you were there wouldn't you want to run on the field.. to celebrate?? I sure would.. let them have their fun.

Comment

I dont think anything should be done , let the poor fans do whatever they want too.

Comment

I don't think that anyone would object to fans running out onto the field to celebrate a victory.

The real issue seems to be the pitch invasion where stumps are stolen and players are injured. How can anyone justify that kind of behaviour? "Poor fans" my fanny.

Comment

When I went to watch the match between Pakistan and Zimbabwe at Oval….I also went down…cross the ground and joined the fans around the dressing room. it was a wonderful sight. Honestly, it is really very difficult to stop yourself once you are a part of that atmosphere
          There is no harm in running towards the pitch until and unless Fans don't dig out the pitch and cause injury to any of the players.
          I

Comment

I think there is a time and place for everything. Pitch invasions during play should be stopped - they are stupid and definitely cause the players to lose their concentration. After the match however it is OK. I was their at both the Oval game (Zim) and the semi Final and in both the atmosphere was magnificent - for the players it was a home away from home - in fact I don't think they would get the same sort of support at home. The following for the players has been outstanding. The English cricket establishment has been totally knocked for six. They have never met a crowd like ours and I don't think they ever will.
            The atmosphere was brilliant - you couldn't not join in the dancing.

Again the best bits were when the fireworks were let off.

I also heard that along every major street in the Pakistani populated areas people were dancing on the street well into the night.

Just wait 'till we win the final (Inshaallah).
            I plan to be there for the final as well.

Comment

Crowd invasions are an impossibility in pak .. khardar tar or oonchay oonchay janglay .. man sometimes u feel u r in a jail or somfin!

to jahan yeh ho sakta hai .. ho janay do .. but dunn cost the match to ur team if its winnin

Comment

I think fans are more than welcome to come onto the pitch once the game is over, but while the game is still going on they should remain seated. I went to Pakistan Vs New Zealand and I didn't see it necessary for fans to invade the pitch when they needed 6 runs I think it is hooliganism. Also the noise doesn't help the players concentration, like the incident with Klusener and Donald maybe because of the crowd they couldn't hear each other.

Comment

Working...
                X