Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMPORTANT MATCH --- South Africa vs. Australia

90 from 84 balls required!!!!!
    End of over 36 (6 runs) Australia 182/4 (RR: 5.06 RRR: 90/14 = 6.43)

I just hope South Africa takes out Australia.. so Zimbabwe is in it.. and they can take out RSA and we'll beat Zim in the finals..

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited June 13, 1999).]

Wishful thinking.

Aus defeated SA by 5 wickets

Semi final between Pak & NL

Semi final between Aus & SA

Final=?

Comment

Australia won the match,this mean pakistan is going to play ?????

dil..dilseee

Comment

Fata morgana...salam-wala-kum

Inshallah pakistan can handle new zealand..ameen

dil..dilseee

Comment

New Zealand is easy.. but I was wondering.. who would you guys rather play in the finals RSA or Aus? I'd pick Australia because we know we beat them before and we've beat them in previous matches before unlike South Africa.

Comment

I would'nt write off the Kiwis and I certainly would'nt refer to them as 'easy'.
            They`re a good side. On paper, PAK is 10 times better but if the Pakistanis get over confident then..watch out!

I'd put AUS to take out SA in the semis.
            Ive been saying all along that SA are chokers and crack when the big games come up.

Btw, tremendous innings by Steve Waugh. Everyone talks about Anwar, Lara, and Tendulkar but none of them have the mental toughness of Steve Waugh. Fantastic Captain's innings.

------------------

Laterz,
            ManiaX.

Comment

I'll have to agree with ManiaX on the unpredictability of the Pakistani team. You never know what's gonna happen with them.

Though SA has steadily performed well, they do appear to be buckling under pressure.

New Zealand is a team that needs to be taken seriously by Pak. and Aussies are a good bet to overcome SA in the semis.

Comment

Soth Africa were beaten by Steve Waugh. Just like Paks were beaten by Lance Klusener.

It's all on the day and who's match-winners will perform.

Paks have got plenty of match-winners. Let's hope they come off in the final, asuming we get there.

Comment

i have this feeling that we are not going to make it to the final . at least we are goingto loose the final .

Comment

Steve waugh has all been a match winner for aus .. which i think is lucky to have the likes of these 2 waughs ...

As for pak goin thru .. i guess it now boils down to luck .. and some careful planning .

MR.

Comment

In the final, the records of the past meetings between the two teams won't matter much as the world cup final is a totally different ball game. The pressure is so intense. If Pakistan wins the toss and the top order does not buckle under the pressure, I would say Pakistan has a better than even chance of winning against both Suth Africa or Australia. By the way, whom do you think should Youhana replace if he is fit in time for the finals. I'd say keep Afridi at number 6, Wasti as the opener and replace Ijaz as he does not seem to have found his form.

Comment

Game with NZ should not be tough. See the back off Allott. Hammer Larsen. Keep taking singles of Harris. This should be the plan in batting.

Comment

As pakis wud ever follow their plans ...
                          No i think they shud replace ijaz with youhana and play afridi as opener n wasti as one down ... this shud be a kool line up cuz if afridi doesnt score ... theres always a solid backup batsman like wasti .

MR.

Comment

Working...
                          X