Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd hat-trick in World Cup History... WOW !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd hat-trick in World Cup History... WOW !

Some interesting facts :-

1!!!
    It was the second hat-trick in World Cup history, the other being taken by India's Chetan Sharma against New Zealand in Nagpur, India in 1987.

It was also Saqlain's second one-day international hat-trick

His previous triple strike was also against Zimbabwe.

[This message has been edited by Umar Talib (edited June 11, 1999).]
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Wow!

Pakistanis do sometimes strange things! LOL

Fata Morgana

Comment

It was indeed amazing.

O.k.. now to burst the bubble: it was against halwa batsmen!

Comment

Ghalib baau and his sarcasm... UFFFFF!!!! hehe...

Ok, maanaa it was against Halwa batsmen, but why din't anyone else from any other team do it. You gotta give credit my friend!!
        For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

SHABAASH

Ghalib ji eik baat clear kar dooN aap ZIM. ki batting line ko HALWA naheen keh sakty haan agar bowling line ko kaheen gy to yeh baat sahi kahi ja sakti he
          But not battingline ....

Comment

I dont think it was HALWA bhai sahib....

dilse

Comment

Of chorse it was Halwa, easy to digest halwa! when you got a bottom order "bowlers", who don't practise batting.. it's pretty simple getting them out. Saqlain got luckey also.. but what Wasim did in Test previously was not luck.. was skill! He got batsman out..

But I bet Saqlain is enjoying his Halwa with puri though..

Comment

I'll say ...Saqi n saeed ..what a deadly combo
                The day these 2 players perform to even their average extents ... pak has a strong chance against Any team ..(n that includes u 2 SA )!

Anyway this will be a big morale booster for our side ... Wasti has come alive ... Moin well ... n razzaq is improving on English turf ....

I think if PAk has some luck on its side n its top players do it well .. then we now have a very good chance ..

WE have tested n played almost every contender for the semi finals .. so beatibg them now should not be 2 tough

signs off
                MR.

Comment

Hey guys i am confused, i was just readin the cricket.org commentry on Pak's win and the report says that the first hat trick in wc was Chetan Sharma for India against Srilanka in 1987/88. While Talib here says it was against Newzealand and the bbc report agrees with him. I don't know if u care about this or not...but for (after match report reading cricket enthusiasts who are too cheap to buy the cricket match on pay per view) people like me....lol...well doesn't that point out some of the flaws on the official cricket site we people heavily depend on? Neway if u think i am wrong then check it out for urselves.
                  1)http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/spo...ket_world_cup/
                  2)http://www.cricket.org/
                  well?
                  "If I'm not back in five minutes, keep waiting." - Freakazoid

Comment

The first hatrick was made by Chetan Sharma against New Zealand

Comment

Bandoostaa salam-wala-kum .. I think this is right,check it out,all other place it says chetan sharma did it in 1987..
                      Saqlain Is Pakistan Hat-Trick Hero
                      Pakistan were dramatically rushed into the World Cup semi-finals by a hat-trick from Saqlain Mushtaq at The Oval.
                      The off-spinner dismissed Henry Olonga, Adam Huckle and Mpumelelo Mbangwa with the last three balls of the match as Pakistan trounced Zimbabwe by 148-runs.
                      Olonga and Huckle were stumped by Moin Khan, and Mbwanga was lbw to spark amazing, noisy scenes of celebration by the Pakistan supporters.
                      It was the second hat-trick in World Cup history, the other being taken by India's Chetan Sharma against New Zealand in Nagpur, India in 1987.
                      It was also Saqlain's second one-day international hat-trick - and on his home Surrey ground. His previous triples trike was also against Zimbabwe.
                      Saeed Anwar's 16th one-day century set up a big Pakistan total of 271 for eight from their 50 overs, which Zimbabwe never looked likely to match.
                      They were fired out for 123 in the 41st over, although Neil Johnson once more played defiantly for 54.
                      Zimbabwe can still go through to the semi-finals If India beat New Zealand on Saturday.
                      If New Zealand win, it will come down to run-rate. Whatever happens, India are out of the competition.

dil..dilseee

Comment

Working...
                      X