Whats the deeelio with Waqar?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the deeelio with Waqar?!

Why is it that wasim is not using waqar in his starting lineup? I understand that he's one lucky captain to have an arsenal of seamsters, but shouldn't waqar be in some games, if not all because of his years of experience??

Am I missing something?

I dont think he could have dropped any of the fast bowlers in the games played thus far, however, with Pakistan assured of a place in the super six, it's quite possible that Wasim
    may decide to rest Shoaib and Saqlain, and give Waqar and Mushtaq a go in the next two games against the Kiwis and Bangladesh.

------------------

Laterz,
    ManiaX.

Comment

Why give Waqar a chance when he sucks ... even when pak is in six now! ... u guys know what.... waqar after such a long absence and with a constantly deterioratin skill .... can be a reason for pak's loss if given a chance .... i beleive azhar is doin a fine job with the bat and so is razzaq ... therefore keep that sucker out ...or else!!!

Comment

I agree, Wasim Akram should rest Shoaib and Saqlain for the next two matches, now that they will surely be in super six.
        But I don't think he should risk super six matches with Waqar and Mushtaq, they have been out of the scene for quite a while and might be a bit rustic. And we shouldn't take any chances.
        How come no one talks about Abdul Razzaq...I think he has een doing an excellent job with ball and bat at times. Everybody seems to have shoaib akther fever

Comment

Why is Waqar being referred to as a sucker. I think he is a great player and should be given a chance. He is experienced and is also used to the playing conditions in England. I think he is ace and really miss watching him play. It would be great to see him back again

Glad you brought it up Ghalib as I was thinking just that

Ciau

Shabnam

Comment

Waqar WAS a great player, no longer. Razzak is doing good job and so is Azhar Mehmood. Both are better with bat too.

Comment

How can you say WAS without giving him a chance.??????????

I don't think that is fair

S

Comment

Reasons Waqar Should Play...
                1.Pakistan is in super-6,and 2 easy matches 2 go,Now is the time for Waqar,Mushtaq,Salim.
                2.They might perform well and if so(and even if not) Wasim will know his options.No time for experiments later!!!!
                3.Waqar is more experienced then shoaib and i've seen some problems with shoaib's line and length.Waqar might be better against Strong batting sides.
                4.A lot of shoaib is in his pace,he'll NEED rest.
                Same reasons apply to Saleem and Mushtaq.I know Saleem got out for zero against scotland but he should still play against New zealand.

Comment

Waqar still is a great player, but we can sit here debating for days whether he should play or not.

Although it would be nice to see him play again, I personally think whatever Wasim decides at the end of the day is fair and according to his best judgement - whether he plays Waqar bhai or not. After all, he knows the form, condition and mood of his players better than any body else, and he is always in constant communication with them.

peace

Comment

Interesting debate here See, Im not much of a Waqar Younis fan. In my opinion, anyone who can get smashed for 44 runs in 12 balls, from a sub standard batsman like Ajay Jadeja
                    is certainly either a) an average bowler or b) past his best.

I think Younis is past his best. Nevertheless, he should be played against the Kiwis and Bangladesh so that he can get some practice and can be played as a LAST RESORT, if any of the others are injured.

Btw, ppl should give a bit more credit to Razzaq, this kid is even showing up Azhar Mahmood!

------------------

Laterz,
                    ManiaX.

Comment

283 test wickets and 277 ODI wkts at the avergae of around 22. C'mon, 'average' bowlers do not have this average.

But I agree, Waqar is finished.

Comment

well basically Waqar is past his sell by date

in with the new out with the old

waqar has been reduced to being a tea-boy but i think hes sticking around because he has his eye on the captaincy!!!!

inside information!!!

Comment

Agreed. But the economy rate for those wickets really increased during the last 3-4 years. Nevertheless, point taken. He was not an average bowler...he was better than that...UPTIL 1996. Since then, ol Vicky has been going downhill non-stop.

------------------

Laterz,
                          ManiaX.

Comment

Working...
                          X